Update on me and my reasons for beings scarce

~~Theresa Marie~~
on 6/1/09 1:36 pm, edited 6/1/09 2:34 pm - Closing in on SkinnyVille, VA
As most of you know, I had open heart surgery on April 13, 2009. Well for the first few weeks things were going great. I was feeling so great that even the day I was released from the hospital from the surgery, 90 minutes after being released, 5 days after the surgery, I was at my son's first ball game of the season. I was so sure that I hadn't gone through this surgery for nothing, that everything was great. The weight loss was going to pick up again because I had to start cardiac rehab therapy and after my healing, I would have a new lease on life.

Well today, I went to my PCP because for about 2 weeks or so, I hadn't felt right. Ever get that feeling in your gut where you don't know what is wrong but you KNOW something is. You can explain your feelings and your symptoms even though they seem all over the place. Well that has been my life for the last 2-3 weeks. I am having hot flashes with chills at the sae time, complete exhaustion to the point where I have to either have someone do it or I have to force myself to get out of bed. I don't really eat as much as I know I should be and although I do try to focus on my drinking, I don't think I am getting in nearly enough. I get more than enough hours of sleep because I spend so much time in bed but I also know that the quality of my resting is horrible. I, my mother and now my PCP believe that I am in the early stages of menopause, which is not surprising because I have had 3 aunts go through it before they were 32. So being that it runs in my family, he of course drew blood. He is checking everything, a complete CBC, all hormone and vitamin levels and will be on the phone with both my cardiologist and my cardiac surgeon tomorrow. During the exam today, he listened to my heart and realized that the atrial fibrillations are still there. His exact words were "Oh my, your heart is skipping way too many beats and sounds very eratic". He informed me that he believes that they will be needing to go back in and do more ablations.

After leaving his office, I contacted my cardiac surgeon and discussed it with his PA, as he wasn't in the office. She said that it is a very real possibility that they will need to do more ablations and when my surgeon comes in tomorrow, he will be informed and then discuss things with the PCP....

So, as if worrying if things were ok after the surgery, now knowing that not everything was fixed, although the valve repair seems to have been done wonderfully, is beginning to freak me out. This heart surgery has been an emotional roller coaster, more than I ever thought it would be.

I truly haven't been completely good for myself and I know that I wouldn't or couldn't be very good to anyone else. It takes every bit of me to make sure Cameron is taken care of and that he doesn't see or know the things that are going on just yet. I do read occasionally and am proud of everyone for their weight losssand for the goals that they are creating and reaching. I so very much appreciate the support and kind words that I have received not only after my surgery but since I joined this site. I am going to continue to struggle with my demons and fears so that I can work on being more happy every day. Thanks for reading and take care.

Hugs

Edited to add.... As of today's dr visit, I am officially down 148.5 lbs and with ne weighing in at 169.5, I am .5 lbs under my surgeon's goal. 19.5 lbs until I reach MY goal of 150 lbs. Thanks for letting me toot!
Theresa Marie
Lap RNY  - April 30, 2008
Open heart surgery (mitral valve repair & MAZE) - April 13, 2009
356/297.5/152.5/170/150 - consult/surgery morn/now/dr goal/my goal
Skinnyville is NO longer miles away...  It's a mere walk to the corner!!
Facebook me @ Theresa Marie Lehman

Rebekah W.
on 6/1/09 9:38 pm - Chester, VA
I will be praying for your recovery and a big congratulations on loosing weight:) you're doing FABULOUS!!!!!
Rebekah
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.

Fluffymom
on 6/1/09 9:59 pm - Elizabeth City, NC
I am glad to hear you came through your initial procedure well, and am very sorry you continue to have problems. My prayers are with you for a swift and easy recovery. You've come so far, don't lose faith........... even if we don't reply know that everyone that reads this sends up a prayer for you to feel better.

God bless,

Barb
Tina22026
on 6/1/09 10:19 pm
RNY on 01/14/09 with
Hang in there Therese!  You are doing all the right things despite the roller coaster ride.   We're here for ya!  Lifting you up in prayer.

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

Ms Court
on 6/2/09 3:15 am - Remington, VA
My thoughts & prayers are with you as you continue to battle the heart issues.  Congrats on your weight loss success so far!!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

lysb
on 6/2/09 4:43 am - Alexandria, VA

Wow Theresa, so much to go through, i do have faith you will be fixed up soon.  Prayers continuing for you sweetie. lys

Lauren B
on 6/2/09 6:56 am - VA
WOW, you sure are going through alot.  Emotional rollercoaster is right.  STAY WELL GIRL and let us know what your cardiac doctor has to say.  I worry.

CONGRATS on the fantastic weight loss!!  WHOOP WHOOP!  :)

369/175/136
Highest Weight/Goal/Current Weight
233lbs LOST!!
Maintenance going strong!

caroline2622
on 6/2/09 7:22 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Wow Theresa you are going thru alot.   We will keep you in our prayers.  Keep your chin up!
XXOO Caroline

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Pat F.
on 6/2/09 11:03 am - Richmond, VA
Congrats girl you are doing all the right things and just keep your chin up and know that you are in our prayers and throughts. Take it easy.

Donna B.
on 6/2/09 11:17 am - Somewhere in, VA
Even though we don't know one another as I am relatively new to this board, please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.  Keep on hanging in there.  Hopefully things will only get better for you from here. 

Congrats on your weight loss.  Great job!!

Hugs,
Donna

Life is short ~ dance like no one's watching!!

305/292/167/159
High/Surg/Curr/Goal

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views