June Challenge

Sporty Jill
on 5/31/09 10:04 pm - Norfolk, VA
Ok...it's been a while since we have been challenged.  So, I thought PERFECT!  Today is Monday AND it's the 1st day of the month. 

So...your challenge for the month of June is to set your own challenge and be accountable to that challenge.  I know...you are asking, "What the heck is she talking about".  Ok...here goes....we all have our own challenges, which become obstacles in our path to success.  So.....this month, you must look at your challenges, establish your goals and be accountable to them.

Do you want to get in 3 days a week of strength training?  How about drink your water 5 out of 7 days?  Journal your food?  Whatever YOUR challenge is is what you will focus in on this month to either stay on track or get back on track.

Summer is almost here, and if we do not get a handle on these challenges now, then more obstacles will be in front of us as vacations and kiddies take up more of our time.

30 days....that's all.

So...what are the rules???  There really aren't any.  Your goal has to be realistic...that's all.  It has to be your desire and somethign that is do-able.  Lose 50 pounds thins month really isn't realistic, but get in your protein 5 out of 7 days is realisitc.  Eat clean is a realistic goal.  see where I'm going here?

For me....I plan my workouts and do fairly good with them Sunday - Wed, then bonk out.  So, my Thurs, Fri and Sat workouts really stink.  So, I am reevalutaing my workout schedule to include a rest day on Wednesday.  That's the day that I seem to have the most problems with.  Plus, I'm increasing miles on my runs, so I need to be consistent.

In addition, I am going to work really hard to control my mindless snacking on the weekends.  Now that I work 4-10's my weekends start on Friday instead of Saturday.  so, I'm going to add more structure to my weekends.  Fluids are in the same boat.  I get in all of my water during the week, but the weekends are challenging.  So, I'm going to make a more concerted effort on the weekends.

Lastly - journal my food.  I need to get back on track as I've gained about 15 pounds (I've put on quite a bit of muscle, but still) and feel like a slug.  Fortunately, clothes still fit well, but.....

So...it's back to basics for me - reduce/eliminate the processed foods and snacking.  Drink more water and less Crystal Light.

So...who's with me????

Certified Personal Trainer

"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. if that makes me a bitch, okay." - Madonna
Beginning Weight: 265  Current Weight:143 
So I run like a Girl....now keep up! 

Rebekah W.
on 5/31/09 11:30 pm - Chester, VA
I'm with you:) I need to increase my fitness regimen and  actually drink...I know bad:(
Rebekah
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.

Sporty Jill
on 6/1/09 11:11 pm - Norfolk, VA
Great goal....you can do it!  I KNOW you can do it!!!

"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. if that makes me a bitch, okay." - Madonna

Brenda E.
on 5/31/09 11:36 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with

Count me in!  I am preop but really working hard to start working out and drinking water.  I am addicted to caffiene and am finding it very difficult to give it up!  I know it will be easier to do these things now than have to start it all after the surgery.

Sporty Jill
on 6/1/09 11:13 pm - Norfolk, VA
You rock!  You can totally do this!  Caffine is a devil to detox from, but you know what...there are MUCH worse things out there that people detox from and do just fine.  You can SO get rid of the caffine.

Just know that life will suck for a few days as you withdraw, but you are stronger and will be MUCH healthier because of it.

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Brenda E.
on 6/2/09 6:55 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Finding it easier to get my water in on days like today where I am active and getting hot easily.  The water seems to go down easier!   I went out and cleaned out my car ( something I have been putting off for a while )...took about an hour and it is 90 degrees out.  Took a cold bottle of water out with me because I knew I would need it. 
Kelli
on 6/1/09 12:00 am - Portsmouth, VA
Hey Stranger!!!

I havent been on here in a very long time!!!  Life,  ya know. 

Well,  this is what I needed this morning.  My challenge is taking my vitamins.  so,  I am going home and so up a weeks worth, in my vitamin box and take them.  Maybe that is why i have been feeling yucky lately.  It has been months since I have taken them.  I know bad me. 

Thanks for this reminder!!!

Kelli
Sporty Jill
on 6/1/09 11:14 pm - Norfolk, VA
Sporty Jill
on 6/1/09 11:15 pm - Norfolk, VA
OMG!  Seeing you made my whole day.  How are you doing????  I have missed you much!

Yes, you know that you should be taking your vitamins....so do it.  Put them out where you will see and remember to take them.  Set your watch to beep to remind you.  Whatever it takes!

And don't be such a stranger!

Love you!!!!

Tina22026
on 6/1/09 1:00 am
RNY on 01/14/09 with
Great idea Jill...Mine is going to be exercising of some sort 3 times/wk starting now!  I've got to move it ...move it!  LOL dang it - now I have that song in my head.

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views