My weekly update - please share too!

Lauren B
on 5/31/09 3:35 am - VA

Kat suggested a weekly check in.  I don't know what day we intend to do this, and since a daily check in post hasn't arrived yet I thought I would just go ahead and start up a what's going on with me thread.  :)  Please let me know what's going on with you all too!

Here's what's going on with me lately...yes...prepare for the drama.  LOL.

WLS wise:  My eating has been a bit altered since Nate left the house.  The concious effort for a well rounded dinner has been a struggle for me.  I don't like to cook.  And the idea of cooking for one is, well, I'm not feeling it.  I try my best to continue my focus on protein, but find that I eat less meat for dinner now that we are not cooking up chicken or pork every other day.  I'm actually considering hitting up Ukrops for already prepared foods and freezing.  Then all I have to do it pop it in the microwave and add a little side dish to it, and it will taste like "real food"  LOL.  In any event, I need to try harder.  Now, don't get me wrong, I'm getting in my protein.  I do it through milk, dairy, my lunch (usually a turkey, cheese and turkey pepperoni wrap) and protein bars.  But I would like to resume getting more protein from meat like i was used to.  Although I'm hitting my minimum protein goals, I'm not exceeding them, which I'm not really happy about.  On the vitamin front I have been good, but not perfect.  I have reminders set at work and carry my vitamins with me always.  The times I run into problems is when I'm away from the office.  Then I get off track.  Also weekends are hard for me since my waking hour is different and therefore my eating times different.  But I continue to try the best that I can and it will always be something I have to think about and stay on top of.

Personal life:  I'm a week or so over the second month of my separation.  Things are great.  The daily stress of Nate and I has been relieved.  We are working on our divorce agreement now and considering that this is a public message board I am unable to get into much more detail than that.  Other than a few things to be ironed out, i think we should have no problem filing in September and closing out this chapter in my life.  Nate is doing well and has already moved onto find his next wife.  Literally.  He has a personal ad out, and actually it's a good one.  He has my approval and my blessing and I really hope that he (and I) find better suited partners.  My lawyer jokes that he will be remarried before the ink is dry on our divorce papers.  I think that assessment is accurate.

More personal life:  I'm out there trying to make connections and meet people.  Pretty much I'm lonely and tired of sitting at home on my bum.  I've been "meeting" quite a few people online.  Some of whom move to phone and eventually meeting in person.  I haven't had much luck yet.  There are a bunch of wack-a-doo people out there.  I did meet someone that I had a, in my opinion, awesome connection with, but we have decided to just get to know each other better and keep it as friends right now.  Honestly, I'm struggling with that.  I'm a HUGE gut feeling person and I have a very good one about him and don't really like that we aren't pursuing what came natural when we first met.  But I respect his opinion on that the "timing isn't right" and we will see what happens.  In the meantime, I'm enjoying life.  I'm having fun.

Work:  Challenging.  My beloved position, of which I ADORE, has changed for me.  The direction that my company is going in is creating a rather uncomfrotable situation for me.  I don't know what this means for me.  Or rather again, this being a public message board I can't get into it much.  Just know that I'm doing the best I can do, as I always have and trying to not let things get to me.  I'm focused and hopeful.  But I am definatley looking at other options as I see I don't fit in with the environment as it stands since their focus has changed.  I have gathered wonderful work experience there and should things change, i am happy to have been there as along as i have been and am happy to continue working there IF the boundaries can be kept, if not, I know there will be a passin of ways on either of our parts.

Where I'm living:  I have decided to sell the house.  I want to get back into Richmond and closer to life.  I'm tired of the commute.  And I just want to be closer to people that I know and care about and people I meet in the future.  Currently I live in Aylett in a beautiful country environment, but it has lost it's charm now that I am alone.  I will be working on fixing up the house a bit and then putting it on the market soon.  Wish me luck.  It's a terrible market.  I hope i am lucky and we can at least get enough to cover the mortaged amount.  We will be taking a LARGE cut on the entire deal.  Pretty much we are going to lose 20-30K because the market is so bad and homes just aren't going for a decent value out this way.  I am looking to get into a condo or townhome rental.  I want a bit space, more than an apartment can give me, but no longer want to have the maintenance of a yard as a single woman, so I have decided against a house rental.

Well, there's the poop.  You?

369/175/136
Highest Weight/Goal/Current Weight
233lbs LOST!!
Maintenance going strong!

Penny Denny
on 5/31/09 6:20 am - Collinsville, VA
For my weekly check in...

Lately I have been reflecting on alot of things about life in general. I have come to realize that life and accomplishments are about baby steps. I'm not just talking about weight loss. So many times I have wanted an easy fix. For example, my husband and I got into alot of debt when we started our business. I would then borrow more to pay the bills and get even deeper. I thought a big loan would be the easy fix, or I would think he would hit a big job and make lots of money. 3 years ago we made the decision not to borrow money and no credit cards. It has been a little tough at times, but we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel of debt. If things stay the same, in about 10 months we will be debt free except for our house. I'm not bragging, just something that I have learned about baby steps and persistance.

So many things I have given up on in life.

WLS is the same. I have often wanted the easy way out...diet pills, eat all you want diets,and yes even surgery. But again, its the persistance, motivation, and little steps. I'm not going to be a model overnight. It is an ongoing life style change.

So this is where my thoughts are this week.
Penny

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

Rebekah W.
on 5/31/09 11:26 pm - Chester, VA
Yay, I love check ins:)

My life in general is great! This past December Kevin (hubby) got laid off , and I was working 2 jobs (16hrs/6days a week). Then he got an awesome opportunity as a Technician at a local Firestone, where he gets great benefits and free training, so now he doesn't have to worry about getting his degree with out of pocket expense. So now I'm a stay-at-home mommy to my 2 and his daughter....I'm loving it, along with finishing my BA, I wake up and make his breakfast and get his lunch together for work, then I get the kids up and dressed and fed, then it's home preschool for my 4 yr old, and stories and playground, snack, and lunch all before 12:) This time last year I would have never thought Id have this kind of energy. I feel so blessed to have a new lease on life. Kevin jokes and calls me Mrs. Betty Crocker because I am loving the cleaning, and cooking.

As far as eating I'm doing much better. Ive gotten up over 600 calories now....I'm supposed to be eating 800. Ive also increased my natural protein so that I'm not relying on supplements. Ive started taking Juice Plus so that I can get the nutrients from fruits and veggies because I cant eat enough to have good health. That way most of my meals can be pure protein.

As far as exercising, I workout everyday...no day off. It usually is cardio with a little weights. This past Saturday the kids, my mom and I walked 2.5 miles and went to a Farmers Market. It was a lot of fun, so I think it'll be our new Saturday tradition. Kevin and I are training to go on an intermediate hike up Old Rag Mountain in the Shenandoah National Park. It is a 8 mile, 2500 feet high, 6 hour hike. We are so excited to go. Next Sunday after early service we are going to DC to walk around and visit the Smithsonian Museums.

I think thats it for now:)

Rebekah
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.

Ms Court
on 5/31/09 11:59 pm - Remington, VA
Here is my check in, sorry it is a bit late.

WLS: well  I have been sliding and I know it.  I am determined to get a fresh start and go back to the basics.  Today is the first day of my plan.  I will need to get back on track with my vitamins, eating better, more exercise and water.  I am just going to take it one day at a time and get the routine going again.

Work: has calmed down tremendously.  I am back to doing the parts that I love and not feeling overwhelmed and over worked.  They are working on a position upgrade for me (hope it includes a pay raise) and I am content.

Personal Life: We are finalizing the finance details and moving information for our house.  We are so excited and hoping to be moving within the month.  I can't wait to have a home, comfortable enough for all of us and out near the girlies.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

CANDO
on 6/3/09 10:20 am - DeWitt, VA

Hey Everyone!  I like the weekly check-in idea.  Lauren, I think you may have to check in 3 times a week with all that is going on in your life.  All the best for these changes and the emerging Lauren, Revised!    Hope I can keep up.  I've had some drama WLS-wise.  First it was a leak last July 08 when I had the surgery, then I couldn't eat enough to survive so was back in MCV 8 days after my 3 month post-op.  6 weeks ago I was back at MCV for an emergency hernia repair--an internal hernia.  Dr Maher and crew were tip top as usual and the new facility at MCV is AWSOME!  Even the staff was more relaxed and cheerful.  Hopefully, 3 is a charm and I'm done with surgery.  Meantime, I'm fluxuating between 135--140, from the original 264.  I can wear every size 10 I've tried on and believe me I've tried on PLENTY!  One question for anyone who knows--other than gaining weight is there a way to tell if I'm eating too much?  I'm still eating several times a day--yogurt over frozen blueberries or strawberries and I can eat nearly a cupful at breakfast and bedtime. For lunch, an entire hot dog on a slice of white bread.  The whole thing.  Or, a Taco Bell Taco (crunchy) and the inside of a second.  A grilled cheese sandwich--2 slices of bread + cheese!  It seems like a great deal of food per meal to me.  All the blood work is great.  I'm not taking calcium again, but I have managed to get down those petites that you mentioned a while back.  Thanks for the tips!

CANDO
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views