Stomach Bug Question - Sorry if TMI

michelleg111806
on 5/30/09 5:42 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/23/09 with
Hi Everyone -

Sorry I haven't been around much.  It seems like May was just a blur of activity.  Hopefully June will be better. 

I just had a question.  A stomach bug went through my house last weekend.  The kids had vomiting and  it lasted for about 12 hours.  I woke up Monday night with water like Diarrhea, and have had it sense then.  I also noticed that I can't the volume that I was eating before and just taking my vitamins with water is uncomfortable.  Obviously this has left me feeling run down and feeling weak.  Today I seem to be feeling better, but it seems like a slow recovery. I have also lost 7 lbs since Tuesday.  Which nice and all - but not the way I want to do it!!

My thinking is that the stomach bug just hit me different than the kids and has left my pouch a little inflamed or swollen.  Any opinions.

If I am still have the diarrhea on Monday, I plan to call my surgeon.  I am currently between PCPs - my new one won't see me for sick visits until they have done a new patient appt (which is scheduled for 2 weeks) and Urgent Care just looks at me blankly when I mention RNY. 

Just wondering if anything like this has happened to any of ya'll!  Thanks!

Lost Since Surgery:

6 feet tall
All-Time High - 385lbs

Pat F.
on 5/30/09 11:42 am - Richmond, VA
As far as the diarrhea have you tried to take the liquid Imodium that is one thing that I know that you can have and it should take care of the diarrhea. Hope this helps you a little and sorry you are not feeling good.

Lauren B
on 5/31/09 2:03 am - VA
I agree with you, I think this bug ha**** you a little differenly than your family members because our pouches are a little different and perhaps more sensitive.  Considering the diarrhea make sure you stay hydrated.  Eat as well as you can.

And let us know what your surgeon has to say come Monday!

369/175/136
Highest Weight/Goal/Current Weight
233lbs LOST!!
Maintenance going strong!

michelleg111806
on 5/31/09 3:40 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/23/09 with
Thanks everyone!  I am feeling much better and the bathroom issues seem to be tapering off!  I think it's just an instance of learning our new bodies!  I will definately keep dehydration issues more in the forefront the next time!  

Lost Since Surgery:

6 feet tall
All-Time High - 385lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views