Dr Halmi

(deactivated member)
on 5/29/09 3:05 am
I dunno why but I posted this on the main board also but here goes. I had an apt with Dr Halmi few months b4 and canceled it. I have heard sooo many ppl said that Tricare Prime DOESNT want the 6mth diet but on his paper I got from the seminar it said yes they do want it..thats why I didnt go..got depressed n didnt go see him. But I called Tricare and they said NO they dont want the diet..so I have a apt with him on Thursday. So please if anyone has had Dr Halmi & have Tricare Prime..please give me some info...Im so scared as to what to expect from the 1st surgeon apt. Im so scared right now but of course happy also. Anyone that has Tricare Prime and used him...did u have the 6 mth diet???
Thanks
Melissa N.
on 5/30/09 12:56 am - Stafford, VA
From my understanding Tricare Prime you do not have to have the 6 month pre op diet.  But if you put this off any longer then you will have to weight longer to have the surgery.  It would be best to go now, that way you know what needs to be done and if you have to do the 6 months diet you can get started.  I had to do one for my insurance.

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

lysb
on 5/30/09 2:37 am - Alexandria, VA
I( did have Dr. Halmi for my surgery but not tricare, i did have to do a 6 month diet, if you have to, just do it, in the long run it was totally worth it!   good luck.  lys b

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views