Let me introduce myself (Long Post)

Lifeski
on 5/31/09 4:00 am
Hi Lauren it's nice to "meet" someone with the same surgeon.  The study seems to have been successful for some but then again we were to eat a 1600 calorie a day or less diet also and increase  our activity.  I have to wonder if some folks were just better at controlling caloric intake than I was.  I have become far more physically active than I was before.  I plan on attending the support group starting in July.  The next group is June 16 and that is my son's 21st birthday so I won't be able to make that one.  I hope to attend the Bypass support group and the Banders support group a few times before I have to make a definite decision.  Since I already have VBLOC and Dr. Maher put it in I think it would be best to combine removing the device and having either procedure done at the same time.  My insurance company considers the sleeve as investigational and I am very comfortable with my doctor.  I am leaning toward the RNY.  This practice seems to have a very high surgery success rate with fewer complications than some others I have looked at.  Thanks for the reply.

Teresa
HW-293                     SW-290                    

Lauren B
on 5/31/09 4:34 am - VA
I'll definately try to make the July meeting so I can meet you.  :)  Assuming the July meeting you are attending is the RNY meeting or joint meeting.  I've been absent the last cvouple of months and can't keep track.  :)  Should you like to get together before then to chat over coffee or soemthing, I would LOVE the company and conversation.  Hit me with a PM and we can exchange numbers.   :)

369/175/136
Highest Weight/Goal/Current Weight
233lbs LOST!!
Maintenance going strong!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views