Early eating and delayed dumping.......

Fluffymom
on 5/25/09 10:20 pm - Elizabeth City, NC

Anyone else experince this? I am 4 months out and I can eat a decent size breakfast ( 1 slice protein bread with egg beater and turkey bacon with cheese and small serving fruit,
then protein drink snack mid morning, small ham and cheese sandwich on protein bread with lettuce, tomato and mustard or spinich and chicken salad with basalmic vinegar, afternoon protein snack but by supper time I can barely handle 2 oz meat, maybe a teaspoon of two different veggies. Most of my calories are before 12noon everyday.

The other thing on the couple of occassions I have "indulged" other than a little racing heart and heat ( hard to tell the difference between that and a hot flash) I don't dump at the time. But the next day......................................................................OUCH. Big time. So I have to remind myself that I am essentially ruining my day for the next day if I indulge. Kind of hard at the time to remember, but on two occassions I think I was "slipped a mickey" by Starbucks if you know what I mean. So my next day was ruined living in the bathroom.

Anybody else experience this or have any suggestions besides being overly paranoid??????

I welcome any and all...................

Thanks!!!

Barb

lysb
on 5/25/09 10:42 pm - Alexandria, VA
Barb - i've never experienced day delayed dumping, wow...sorry about that.  As for the starbucks, sometimes if i get a starbucks and it tastes too sweet, i just pour it and the $ down the drain, i'm so scared of dumping again....i think we have to be overly paranoid just to be healthy...i hope all continues to go well for you.  lys

Ms Court
on 5/26/09 10:26 pm - Remington, VA
I am actually opposite, I have a hard time eating in the a.m. but do fine in the afternoon/evening.  One thing to consider, what it the timing & regularity of your bowel movements.  I learned early out that if I hadn't had a movement yet in the a.m. then my system was "full" and breakfast just wasn't going to work for me.  Perhaps this is the similar for you in the evening.

As for the dumping, I have heard of a delay (by a few hours) but not really by a day.  Perhaps talke to your dr. or nutritionist to see what they think.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Lauren B
on 5/31/09 2:41 am - VA
WOW, this is interesting!!  I have found that I definately have a tolerance of different types of food as far as portion, but overall, haven't experienced any limitations based on which meal of the day.

Have you discussed this with your surgeon?  I'm curious to see what they have to say about it!

369/175/136
Highest Weight/Goal/Current Weight
233lbs LOST!!
Maintenance going strong!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views