i need encouragement

sharpMOMOF4
on 5/25/09 11:56 am

hello all,

i use to be a regular on this board then  life got busy for me, and i let things go as well, I never truely started a work out routine when I should of.. I had my gastric bypass in novemeber of 06 at potomac hospital in Virginia.. my doctor was awesome and i never had one problem.. the only thing i still deal with is sugar and i try to avoid it because i do dump.. and feel ill for 30 minutes or so if i take to much sugar... i started at 254 pds.. when i had surgery.. i got down to 185.. but i was in a size 11/13 and i was happy for awhile with myself.. i was in size large tops instead of extra large... but i should of still continued to lose weight but i never truely did what i was suppose to do.. vitamins etc... i ate what i wanted too.. just smaller amounts... and i nibbled alot through the day... im a bad patient.. i admit that...

then  me and my husband had a huge surprise.. i got pregnant.. and had a baby  this march but good news for myself i only put on 24 pounds.. and lost it all instantly at the hospital.. so now im back at 190 pounds and need to get back on the ball.. i have a tool and i need to start using it.. but i need someone to kick me in the butt to get going... i began going to the gym.. and i will continue to do so... i get so annoyed at myself when i hear people losing 100 pounds in a year... when i only went from 254 to 185 in a year....   i carry my weight well  i can still get into my size 10 jeans.. and every0ne  thinks im around 150...

i just need to know how to get back on the wagon and start using what i was suppose to do along time ago... i want too now... im tired of doing this yoyo thing... i had gastic bypass so i need to work on ME .... its way over due....

thank you... Beth

MerMer
on 5/25/09 1:42 pm
Hello Beth,

You can do it. Just put your mind to it. I will have surgery on June 18th and am really looking forward to it. Just believe in your self. I believe in you. Work it girl.
Ms Court
on 5/25/09 8:29 pm - Remington, VA
Beth, it takes a lot of courage to put yourself out here like that.  You should be proud that you did.  My advice is to go back to the basics.  Drink you water, 3 meals a day, use protein drinks for snacks, focus on your protein, fruits & veggies and cut out carbs.  Going to the gym is a big plus too.  Keep it up, you can do this!!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Tina22026
on 5/25/09 9:02 pm
RNY on 01/14/09 with
Welcome back Beth and congrats on the new baby!  Big kudos for having the strength to come back - you are well on your way!  I agree with Court - back to basics!!   We're all here for ya!!

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

lysb
on 5/25/09 9:55 pm - Alexandria, VA
Beth - congrats on the baby!  Have you been to any of dr. halmi's support group meetings, i find them hard to get to but always sooo happy to be there, and very helpful too!  start walking the baby alot, to get some movement into your day.  congrats! lys

Tam
on 5/25/09 9:58 pm - Richmond, VA
Beth,

WOW!  Your story is somewhat like mine.  I had surgery a little over 4 years ago and also got a huge surprise when my husband and I got preggers and had a baby two months ago on March 26th!  I gained 42 pounds and have lost most of it already. I have a few more to go.  Like Court said...back to basics!  PM me if you want to talk privately. 

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views