It's a Wonderful Wednesday

Tam
on 5/26/09 7:57 pm - Richmond, VA
Good AM folks.  How are you today?  How was your Tuesday?  I took this post over for Kat and then Court stepped up when I had Claire.  I thought I'd give her a break today and post.  I too felt that this post was not as important to many of us so I was not in a huge hurry to get back.  I am trying to do better.  This is a start but I am not sure I am ready to come back every morning.

Tuesday was pretty good for me.  I had a doctor's appointment that lasted extra long and then had some lunch with the family.  After that I had to take Kara to the ER.  She wa**** by a car on Sunday and didn't tell me.  Thankfully she is OK.  She hurt her arm, shoulder and foot but nothing serious.  After that I had to take my truck to my uncle to get it inspected then home for the night.

As for today I have another doctor's appointment at 8:15 then a meeting.  After that I have to get ready to go to a viewing/visitation for my cousin's aunt.  She passed away on Saturday.  I will go to the early visitation (2-4) then go and watch my cousin's kids, ages 2 and 7 months) so she can go to the evening one.  I will also watch them for her during the funeral on Thursday.  It is the least I can do.  No plans other than that.

I have not yet gone back to work.  I will be out another 4-6 weeks.  I have been suffering from some pretty bad post partum depression and other nasty feelings.  Any spare prayers would be appreciated. 

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Tina22026
on 5/26/09 8:32 pm
RNY on 01/14/09 with
Morning Tam and All,   Prayers coming your way Tammy for the battle with post partum depression.  Glad to hear Kara's okay too!  How scary!

As for me, it's off to the nursing home to meet with my mom's physical therapist.   Looks like she's going to be released home today after 2 months of rehab!  Just hope she continues to heal.  

Other than that, a pretty low key rainy dreary day!

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

Ms Court
on 5/26/09 8:33 pm - Remington, VA
Morning Beautiful!!!!  Let me say thanks to all for the encouraging words yesterday.  To know I am making a difference means a lot.

Glad to hear you are doing well Tammy.  You are in my thoughts & prayers as you get through your struggles.  I am so glad to hear Kara is okay.

My day yesterday was good.  I was a bit grumpy so I tried to isolate myself some.  Vegged on the couch last night.  Tonight will be a trip to see our youngest get inducted into the NJHS.  We are pretty excited about it.  Hope you all have a great day!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Kitty Kat
on 5/26/09 8:53 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am. I'm doing ok this am. Tuesday was long yet productive & showed promising signs of things improving. The Sleep Fairy & I caught up with each other after 4+ days of insomnia. Hope Kara is feeling better today. My condolences to you & your family on your loss. Sorry to hear about the post partum depression. Hopefully you can take these next several weeks to recover & get into a better frame of mind. On the books today is chores, a couple meetings & I'm going to be talking with a couple folks about some important changes. Hope ya'll have a great day.
Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Donna B.
on 5/26/09 9:20 pm - Somewhere in, VA
Good morning all.  I am feeling very sleepy today.  Hubby suffered a rather severe migraine last night so he was restless most of the night.  Although it hadn't completely subsided, he went on to work this morning but he isn't feeling his best to say the least.

It's work for me today then home to just chill out.  Nothing on the schedule other than regular household chores that never seem to end!!

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!!

Life is short ~ dance like no one's watching!!

305/292/167/159
High/Surg/Curr/Goal

Penny Denny
on 5/26/09 9:21 pm - Collinsville, VA

Good morning,

Sorry to hear of the loss in your family. You are in my prayers. I too had postpartum depression after my 3rd child. It is a real thing, I was fine with my first 2. Thank God for Zoloft. I no longer need it, but was a lifesaver (literally) for me after Carrie was born.

This shift off from the bank, I got a lot of deep cleaning done and it feels so good. I'm back to the 12 hour days at the bank tomorrow for a week. I LOVE having the weeks off, but that first day back to work is killer.

Today, I'm getting the kids off to school (only 1 more week). Then I have to go pay the bills at the business. Afterwards, I'm going to turn in my 2nd activity challenge cards. Next I'm going to make my final car payment (YES!) and heading to Danville to the mall and Sam's.

Penny

PS...This was fun. I will post more often!!!!

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

Fluffymom
on 5/26/09 9:45 pm - Elizabeth City, NC
Good morning all, well into work early today as I left early yesterday so have to catch up, never know whats on the schedule, just wait and see what walks in the door!!.

Tam, I hope your feeling better, as with a few of the others, I have also been there. Just take care of yourself and that beautiful baby and know many are keeping you in their prayers. THis too shall pass.

Had the plumber in yesterday for an estimate............ 
Need a new toilet in moms bathroom, new pipe in my shower, new faucet in my bathroom and a new toilet tank in the outside bathroom.......... around $600. So, hi ho hi ho, its off to work I go!! Considering the house is only 8 years old................apparently the builder cut corners on the plumbing, of all things, go figure. But I have beautiful wood work! Not much comfort when the toilet won't flush!!!

So this evening will be dealing with the plumber ( he's coming after 5$$$$$), some dinner and try to get some proposals for a conference done.

Otherwise, just TKB as usual. Everyone have a great day, and thanks for posting!!!

Barb
lysb
on 5/26/09 9:54 pm - Alexandria, VA

Good morning all - Tam saying extra prayers for you, and for your family and their loss.  I went to a viewing yesterday for an old work friend, she was only 40, gosh that was so hard to see her family.  On the books for today, PRESCHOOL PICNIC!  woo-hoo!  cancelled in the event of thunder, but not rain...we have the pavilion though...had my 14 month surgerversary on monday.  haven't lost in about 5 months, i guess i need to get on the ball...LOL.  hugs to all, and prayers to those who need them.  lys

Brenda E.
on 5/26/09 10:31 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Good morning Tam and everyone!  I will keep you and your family in my prayers Tammy.

My Tuesday was just like any other day of the week...long and boring...until right before bed.  My sister called me to complain about other family and when I didnt agree with what she said I was on the receiving end of her anger.  She told me last night that I dont need the surgery that I just need to learn how to stop eating.  Needless to say I am more than a little hurt by her words and have had a sleepless night because of it.  So today instead of turning to food like I would normally do in a stressful situation I am going to head over to the gym and workout some of my feelings.

Hope you all have a great day!!
Ms Court
on 5/26/09 10:42 pm - Remington, VA
Brenda, good for you about turning to the gym to deal with your emotions.  Working in those habits now will help so much in the long run.  So many people don't understand the surgery, why we chose it, how the commitment works, how to deal with their feelings.  As I started my journey I had a lot of smack from my sister (who is also overweight) about my choice.  I finally had to tell her if she couldn't be positive with me then it wouldn't be a topic in our discussion.  Keep your chin up and enjoy in your decision for a healthy, new you!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views