Dr. Halmi, Revisions, and Me

ladyasha
on 5/26/09 2:55 am - Alexandria, VA
RNY on 10/29/03 with
So, I was wondering if there are any other Dr. Halmi patients that have had a revision.  My insurance wants me to "start over" with seeing a dietician, etc for 3 months, psychologist and the whole works, but I feel like it would be a waste of time.  My stoma (open RNY patient in 2003) has stretched and when I eat, it dumps straight through me.  The weight gain plus the death of my father and a couple bad relationships in the past few years have left me with depression cycles, but I know this and have been doing what needs to happen to combat them.  It doesn't change the constant desire / need to eat. 

I felt very badly about myself the last time I visited Dr. H a year ago - they were very busy and there was little time to "deal" with me, I felt.  Maybe people who fail to maintain their initial surgery are just regarded less there?  I don't have any WLS buddies and never have, basically going this alone, so you guys are the only people I have to talk with about these things. 

I've regained almost 50 lbs and I feel like if I gain 10 more, it will be a very bad thing. 

Any ideas?  Thoughts?  Other doctor recommendations?
Tam
on 5/26/09 6:42 am - Richmond, VA
Reach out and make sure you have a buddy...or a board to talk to!  As for the testing, it needs to be done.  Both my cousin and aunt have had revisions though not with Dr. Halmi.

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

MerMer
on 5/26/09 5:43 pm
Hello,

I just wanted to send some encouragement your way. I would say if you and your doctor think a revision will work, than go for it. I will keep you in my prayers. 

My surgery is scheduled for 6/18/09 and at times I am terrified about it but this is something that I must do.
Ms Court
on 5/26/09 10:33 pm - Remington, VA
You can definitely get the testing done to see if you would need a revision.  Getting back on track and using your tool could very well help.  I am fighting a weight gain and I know what I need to do but getting myself to do it is another thing all together.  We are here for you!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

ladyasha
on 5/27/09 12:53 am - Alexandria, VA
RNY on 10/29/03 with
Yeah, I think that's why I'm so resistant to paying for another dr. assisted program because I KNOW what I should be doing, but I am not succeeding in sticking to it right now.  I blame part of that on the fact that when I try to eat strictly what I should in the portions that I should, I'm still hungry.  Maybe I've lost the ability to distinguish headhunger from real hunger?  But I let it go until I actually feel my stomach hurting. 

Also, can you have acid reflux without a gallbladder and after WLS?  I'm starting to worry that the burning sensation is acid reflux.

Mostly, I think I've been going this alone too long.  I need to find some friends in the area who are in the same boat (WLS patients) as me, because my friends aren't helping.  Especially the ones who try to make me feel guilty for not "eating my food" when we hang out.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views