Poll: Board Spruce Up

Kitty Kat
on 5/25/09 11:20 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am!

In light of Court's post regarding the lack of participation on this board I'd like to post a poll. Below are a few questions that I think would open up discussion about what thoughts, suggestions & ideas we have to spruce up the VA Board.

1) What topics would you like to see discussions regarding? 

2) What about a weekly roll call to enlighten everyone on our journey's?

3) Anything you'd like to add.

I think its important no matter your place in the weight loss journey to keep up with support. Please let's come together and really give this a good try. Of course we all have schedules, commitments, responsibilities & life gets rather jam packed. At the same time we ALL need support, understanding & love. Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

XOXO's

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

lysb
on 5/26/09 1:04 am - Alexandria, VA
KK - i love the idea of a weekly roll call.  as for other suggestions, i'll put on my thinking cap and write again tonight.  Hope you all have a great day. lys

Penny Denny
on 5/26/09 1:31 am - Collinsville, VA
I really liked the what are you eating today. I got a lot of great ideas from that. I'm now "addicted" to carbmaster yogurt with Kashi Go Lean cereal, which the idea was from this board. YUM< YUM

I'll try to post more often as well!!!

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

Tina22026
on 5/26/09 3:01 am
RNY on 01/14/09 with
I, too, liked the what did you eat today posts and recipe sharing.  It gave me great ideas that I could use and/or expand on to suit my needs.   I also enjoy Sporty Jill's post on exercise and moving and find her a complete inspiration.   I'd like to hear about plastic surgery and what people have done or are thinking about doing.  Love the roll call idea too.

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

strawsergirl
on 5/26/09 4:21 am - VA
I love the roll call idea too and what are you eating today. 

Starting weigh 265
Current Weight 151

Nancy E.
on 5/26/09 4:42 am - Charlottesville, VA
I still vote on the roll call and what are you eating today.  I, too, basically stopped it because of lack of participation.  We would get like 100 something views but only 4-5 participants.  Can definitely start it up again if we feel that the participation might be higher.

Brenda E.
on 5/26/09 5:46 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
I am fairly new to the boards and am preop.  However, I think that having a roll call and what you are eating would be very helpful to me. 
Penny Denny
on 5/26/09 5:59 am - Collinsville, VA
I will definitely try harder to participate. I was definitely guilty of just getting the ideas. I promise to share more (maybe not everyday because of work schedule).

Thanks, Penny

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

Lauren B
on 5/31/09 2:32 am - VA
Nancy, I always thought your what are you eating topic is a good one.  the only problem is that in my case I'm not much of a help to others in my diet.  I'm a complete creature of habit and never change things up.  I know what works for me and continue on with it because I'm satiated and lost/maintain with it.  But my contribution would literally be a verbatim response every day.  LOL.  How boring I am.  Perhaps I should make a weekly goal of trying something new and sharing that experience in your thread?

369/175/136
Highest Weight/Goal/Current Weight
233lbs LOST!!
Maintenance going strong!

Blair Maury
on 5/26/09 6:31 am - Portsmouth, VA
I mainly lurk rarely b/c I see most of you through Facebook.

I think we should totally focus on successes and accountability here. I kind of sneaked away b/c there was less of that.

Also maybe more talk about how great I am. LOL 

I had weight loss surgery. I did it the easy way.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views