Feeling pretty good...

pse3026
on 10/30/06 11:00 pm - Southside, VA
Had my surgery on October 19...So far....NOT FUN!!! Sugery and the stay in the hospital was pretty good...kept everything down fine in the hospital...but now that I am home...everytime i drink or eat anything other than water I feel like there is something stuck in my throut and it needs to come up...but needless to say, there is nothing to through up..so I just end up with the dry heaves..And then it will eventually pass. Maybe I am drinking to fast...i go back to the Dr on Friday so we will see what they say about that. I was so sick with this problem over the weekend that I wished I could turn back the clock and undo everything. Anybody else have this problem or have any words of wisdom.
(deactivated member)
on 10/31/06 12:34 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
First of all - congratulations on going through surgery. Things will get better I promise! I have heard of people getting this but it never happened to me. In the beginning you need to sip all your fluids - if you are not sipping you may be drinking too fast..... or eating too fast. Also you still have some anesthetic in your body and it can affect you too. I hope anyone else who went through this contacts you with some words of wisdom Welcome to the losing side! Jackie
Robin C.
on 10/31/06 12:37 am - Norfolk, VA
Congrats on your surgery! I hope you will be feeling better soon! Persevere through all of this and follow you surgeon's instructions and I'm sure you'll do great! Keep us posted on your progress! Hugs, Robin
Anna Bryant
on 10/31/06 9:56 am - Roanoke, VA
Grats Char!!! You are on the losing side!! I hope to join you soon Anna
Chyanne2u
on 10/31/06 11:03 pm - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Char, I had my surgery in July and I will tell you that it's very normal to feel the way you do at first. When I got home, I did fine on liquids as long as I sipped. But once I was turned loss to eat solid foods....well let's just say that I threw up everytime I ate anything. It didn't matter how slow I ate it either, it would just come back up. It does get better and you will find there are things your system will not tolerate. I am 4 months out and still have trouble with meats. Chicken, tuna, fish, pork, and I haven't even tried beef. Except for ground beef or turkey. Those seem to do fine as long as they are in something else, like chili. When I was going through this I questioned why I did this to myself. I wished a thousand times I could go back and be what I thought was normal. But in reality there is nothing normal about eating like we once did. As time goes on, you will be able to eat and keep it down. Just be patient and always remember that nothing taste as good as being thin feels. I will keep you in my prayers. Lots of Love Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views