almost there

jessicafrombeach
on 10/30/06 11:26 pm - PORTSMOUTH, VA
hello everyone I wanted to thank everyone for their help with all of my questions throughout this waiting period for my surgery. I am happy to say I only have a day less than 2 wks till surgery!!! I am excited, looking at everyone's update pics I can't wait to be at that point. I am very nervous and I am now having dreams about the surgery it does not seem realy like its going to happen. I still have some questions but hopefully someone will answer them for me. I will be at the support group meeting a couple days before my surgery...
Robin C.
on 10/31/06 12:36 am - Norfolk, VA
Less than 2 weeks to go!!!! I am sooooo excited for you! I am still waiting for approval and a date. I have dreams about the surgery too! It's weird - every time I dream about what I am going to look like thin, I look different every time. I keep wondering what I will look like, how I will feel, how it will change my relationships with friends who are used to me being the fat one, how it will affect my children (2 are thin and one is chubby), how it willaffect my relationship with my hubby (already a wonderful relationship-hopefully will get even better), and so much more. I wonder if I will have trouble getting in protein and water like it seems many people do. Are these the things you wonder about? Good luck to you! Keep us posted on how you do! Hugs, Robin
Anna Bryant
on 10/31/06 10:02 am - Roanoke, VA
Yeah Robin you have your pic up Anna
Robin C.
on 10/31/06 10:07 am - Norfolk, VA
Yes, Kathy gave me directions. I was surprised at how simple it is! How are you doing? Did you have a happy halloween? Hugs, Robin
cheryl_jagow
on 10/31/06 1:15 am - CHESAPEAKE, VA
Pitzen everything will be fine! U r in good hands with dr spencer. I know I have answered lotsssss of your questions. But you will always have questions. I still do. But I went through some of the same stuff you are going through! U know I will be there in the hospital with you. The day after your surgery. I will be praying for u!!!!
jessicafrombeach
on 10/31/06 2:45 am - PORTSMOUTH, VA
aww thanks cheryl for ur support I know you answered so many of my questions but as you know different questions come up all the time. i hope you do come to the hospital to see me, make sure you have gas money.lol...You are going to go to the November 9th support group meeting with me. I will have more questions after my surgery to. Thanks so much for your comment...love ya...I know I am in good hands but everyone's body reacts in a different way..
Amber B.
on 10/31/06 4:27 am - Virginia Beach, VA
You know I'll be there for ya, Jessica! Its okay to be nervous, we all were. Are we doing Outback? How are you doing with your shopping? got all your food, vitamins, protein, etc.??? Amber
jessicafrombeach
on 10/31/06 4:33 am - PORTSMOUTH, VA
YES WE ARE DOING OUTBACK AGAIN NEXT THURSDAY SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!!! GIRL I AM SOOO NERVOUS. i HAVE NOT GOTTEN ANY FOOD OR VITAMINS YET..I DON'T LNOW WHAT FOODS TO GET I DONT KNOW IF I JUST GET STUFF OFF THE LIST OR WHAT. i HAVE A WHOLE BUNCH OF SAMPLES BUT DON'T KNOW WHAT TO MIX IN WITH THEM AFTER SURGERY..SO WHEN I GET HOME WHAT SHOULD I TRY FIRST AND SHOULD I BE ON A SCHEDULE FOR VITAMINS..THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT AMBER..AUTUMN IS SUPPOSE TO GIVE ME SOME CLOTHES AND TOMORROW IS MY PRE OP APPT!!!
Amber B.
on 10/31/06 4:48 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Jackie should've given you a lot of info and I'll let you know what I did. I definitely kept a schedule for my meds/vitamins. You seen my "granny" pack. Its pretty important because with a lot of our supplements our bodies can only digest so much of it at a certain time, so you've got to take them far enough apart. As far as food goes, for the first week, I barely ate much. I would buy: Eggs Cream of wheat/grits I Can't Believe Its Not Butter spray Splenda packets Dannon's Carb Controlled Yogurt Lowfat cottage cheese. That of course, is if you like that stuff. For liquids, I would get: Crystal Light Water Sugar Free Popsicles & Fudgesicles Sugar free jello/pudding. That's basically what I lived on for a while. Figure out your protein now, if you can. I bought the liquid protein, so I just shot it down as quick as possible. If you buy the powders, you'll just need to add water or skim milk. Sometimes you can add Crystal Light to them as well to make them taste better. I recommend Chewable Calcium Citrate, you can buy it online. Stock up on Flintstone Completes, you'll need'em. Target's generic brand tastes the same. You can get your B-12 tablets cheap at Walmart. I also bought Papaya Enyzmes there incase food got stuff. Haven't used them much, but they do work. Hope that helps you! Get to shopping, Sweetness!
Anna Bryant
on 10/31/06 10:03 am - Roanoke, VA
Hiyas Jessica, wooot your almost there girl. Soon you will be a big loser Anna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views