100+ photos from Lexington - Enjoy!

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/06 7:22 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
. Hello friends, Just a QUICK update from me - no seriously, even Lei can be quick and to da' point, although those that have met me in person will completely disagree. Once again, I managed to enjoy my weekend with others to the extreme of losing my voice. Yes, it's true - I never shut up! Had a FANTASTIC TIME in Lexington - took a gazillion photos (about 150) and narrowed it down to about 100 to share. Met some of the greatest people and can't say enough positive about attending this type of a gathering. It truly has enough 'positives' to draw ALL, regardless of the stages of your journey - even us "old timers". The only "break out session" I attended was the one for the MEN! ...yah, you heard me right, a few of us ladies crashed, er, were invited to attend the men's session on the last day. [NOT because the others weren't equally as valuable, but I was on a mission to collect info for a very dear male friend of mine] This session was orchestrated by DEX and was absolutely OFF THE CHARTS! This man understood what it was like to not only data dump information but to include HUMOR through-out the session so as to avoid the "glazed over look" with the attendees. I really (REALLY) enjoyed his class and highly recommend that ALL (men and women alike) view the video that was taken, when it's available. I don't dare start naming names - there were too many WONDERFUL people at this event and it' safe to say, I will forget a few. Suffice it to say, meeting each of you, the hugs, laughter, and conversation was something I will forever cherish. The photos can be found at this link - if there are any that you'd like copies of, you can order them from the same site. Just follow the links/directions. I was able to include NAMES with most, if not all, so that you can match the face to their profiles/posts. If I've renamed any one in error, please let me know. So many of YOU and only one brain cell in this blonde head, ya know? Special thanks to the guys from the MEN's BOARD - our group had the best time hanging out with ya'll this weekend and can't wait to see you again in Virginia for the January conference. For ALL that are interested (guys and gals) please stay in touch via the Grads board the Virginia board, email, pr phone (did I cover it all?) .... as more information surfaces on the conference here in Virginnie'aye! The PHOTOS: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AcNWjdq5cNmcE VA Board: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VA Grads: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/wls_grads/posts.html You know we'll expect to see ALL of you there, right? ...besides not only do I know where you live, I know ALL about "boiling bunnies", hehehe. Hugs to all .....Lei Pssssst... Mike? Have you sent that email yet, sweet thang? hmmm?
(deactivated member)
on 10/30/06 8:57 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
I've been waiting!! Very cool. It looks and sounds like you all had a fantastic time, Lei. I thought about you all the whole weekend!! I am defintely going to go to one of these events!! I only hope that when I do, you'll be there too!! Thanks as usual for sharing such good pictures, Lei. You all looked wonderful!! love donna
(deactivated member)
on 10/31/06 7:44 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
You, my dear friend, were SO MISSED!!!!!!! ...and you know that Im very sincere when I say that. Thought about you MANY times (heck, thought of you more then I thought of my husband, lol) ...and really wished you coulda' been there. Love you bunches - how's the healing and gimpin' along coming? hmmm?
(deactivated member)
on 10/30/06 10:25 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Great pics Leilani!! It was a fun weekend - sorry we did not get to spend more time together but the time we did was awesome. Do you by any chance have a picture of me with Monica Ganz in any of your pics as I wanted to keep one ? I know someone took pic of me with Natalie and I think Amy all together. I admire that woman so much! Looking forward to the next event we will see you at! Jackie
(deactivated member)
on 10/31/06 7:48 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Jackie - I agree, woulda' loved it if we could have had more time together, I shoulda just kidnapped you and wisked you away!!! I checked all my photos, there were about 50 that did NOT get posted but NONE of them had you in them. The only ones that I didn't post are the ones that were either "duplicates" of others already linked, OR, where someone really took an unflattering picture. You know, one eye closed, mouth full, or just a bad shot in general. Since you're so darn cute, you can bet you didn't take ANY bad pics and I don't have any of you with Monica. See you in January - my rooms already booked, just gotta do the event registration. Hugs - Lei
(deactivated member)
on 10/31/06 9:19 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
So you just didn't take enough photos of me then!!!!! lol!! Oh believe me I take bad pics - I am one of the most unphotogenic people you have ever met! I am already all booked up for January - room and event registration...... just could not wait to get it all booked! It was fun to spend time with everyone though - so rewarding! See ya soon! Jackie
bradygirl
on 10/30/06 11:16 pm - Virgina Beach, VA
Man, I can't wait to go on on of those trips! I saw that is was only 3 days, but it looked like ya'll were there for a while! Tink Looked like well, Tink! Lei, I loved your costume, and I loved the Three Blind Mice. That's what I dressed my three little ones at camping the other weekend. You all look be au ti ful! Cindy
(deactivated member)
on 10/31/06 7:51 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Cindy - I have to admit, my body feels like it was more then just a THREE day event. LOL, guess it has to do with burning the candle from both ends? It just seems like 24 hours in a day truly is NOT enough time to LIVE life anymore. It's a nice problem to have when your energy levels and health returns. I agree, I think the Three Blinde Mice were my absolute favorite - so simple, yet so CUTE!!!! I didn't get the names of the ladies that came dressed that way, but loved their level of creativity. Hey? Do you have any pictures of your lil-mice dressed up? Bet they were adorable too, mom. Hugs - Lei
Chyanne2u
on 10/31/06 5:52 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Lei, Thank you so much for posting all these wonderful pictures. It's the next best thing for all of us that couldn't be there. It sounds like everyone there had the time of their life. Natalie shared a little with me about the event. One of these times, I will be going too instead of reliving the event via pictures. Lei, I still want to meet you and one of these days it's gonna happen. You seem to be the funniest and yet warmest people on the board. I will count it a pleasure to know you. So until we meet....I hope to keep losing!! Lots of Love Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 10/31/06 7:56 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello sweety! How's life treating you? Better yet, how's the new world of weight loss surgery treating you? It sounds like you have a LOT of things going on in your life, including the support group that you're now leading. I have a lot of respect for people like yourself (and Natalie) who go beyond the normal realm of "giving it back" or "paying it forward" ...I know that running support groups can be all consuming and it takes special people to follow through with it. Id really love to meet you in REAL space too - let's make that happen in January? It'll probably be the last "local" event that I can attend, since the SUMMER convention will find me in the midst of packing up one house, selling the one in WA and purchasing another in Okla. Way too much going on and I'll probably have to avoid the FUN for awhile till we get our lives sorted out. Soooooooooooooooooo - how about January? hmmmm? Lets make it happen! Hugs and love - Lei
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views