terrified

cimlpn
on 10/30/06 3:35 am - christiansburg, VA
Help, surgery 11/06/2006, terrified, am I ready???
MrsTonyaBrown
on 10/30/06 7:02 pm - Jacksonville, FL
If you weren't scared, then I'd be worried. It's a MAJOR change in your life, something that's going to change many things. It's your LIFE. You'll know for sure if you're not ready. I know many people claimed to have been "ready" for this, myself included, but once you're in the aftermath, you're NEVER really ready for all the changes. I mean, if we could have had that type of discipline before the surgery, we wouldn't have needed it, right? Anyway, good luck and remember, no matter what worries you have, someone else has had them as well. We're all here to support you and your doctor, if he's any good, will be happy to help any way he can, as well. Hugs, Tonya
cimlpn
on 10/30/06 9:28 pm - christiansburg, VA
Thank you, I do have a great doctor. Dr. Joe Northup. He told it was good to be nervous. I know I have to do this. Please everybody pray for me.
(deactivated member)
on 10/30/06 10:30 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Cimberly - what you are feeling is very natural and it would be strange if you were not a little apprehensive......... we all had fears. I woke up from the anesthetic and wondered if I could really do this now that I was totally committed...the fears go away and are replaced by the knowledge that you can and that you have support on this board , any other boards that you join and in your local support group which you need to find and make sure you go to - the help from resources like these are invaluable. I had never had surgery before (except for a c-section but I was awake for that!) so I know what it is to be afraid - I sure was. But I decided to put my faith in my surgeon and the knowledge that so many had gone before me and were doing just fine! We will all be here to welcome you to the losing side. Please keep us updated on your progress.......... Jackie
MO Bay
on 10/31/06 4:00 am - Somewhere Over The Rainbow, VA
I think it is normal to be terrified, nervous and excited all rooled up in one. Just think when you wake up you will be on the losers side.... Congrats on you surgery, keep us updated and get lots of rest during your recovery time. Mo
Chyanne2u
on 10/31/06 5:46 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Cimberly, All of us who have gone before you know exactly what your fears are. We've been there too. As for me, looking back now I don't know why I was so afraid. The pain management I received was the best. I can honestly say that I did wonderful without any major complications. I was never bedridden throughout my surgical experience. I will share the one thing that got me through this. I had put my trust in God and I remember going to sleep praying that His hand would guide my surgeon's. I also knew that this would be one time that I had no control of what was happening to me so I ask Jesus to take the wheel as in the Carrie Underwood song. That became my theme throughout this entire journey. As for you, you will do fine. It will only be a matter of days and you will be on the loser bench with the rest of us. My love, thoughts and prayers are with you through this special time in your life. Embrace every moment. It goes very fast. Lots of Love Kathy
cimlpn
on 10/31/06 9:21 pm - christiansburg, VA
Thank you everybody for all your support and prayers. Only 5 more days.
Kim-150
on 11/1/06 11:44 am - Richmond, VA
I haven't even got insurance approval and I am already anxious and nervous! Only 5 more days...holy cow! Are you on a special diet? What is the one thing you want to eat before the big day??? Mine is going to be a last minute Krispy Kreme doughnut, hot of course, straight from Broad Street in Richmond. Kim
cimlpn
on 11/1/06 10:08 pm - christiansburg, VA
I will be on clear liquids friday, sat., and sun. If I could have whatever I wanted before surgery, (which I won't) it would be a steak, baked potato with butter and sour cream, and banana pudding.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views