Almost Four Months Out Update

Chyanne2u
on 10/30/06 2:39 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Everyone, I know, I know...other than posting to some of you all's post I've pretty much been missing in action lately. I should post more often but time never seems to a lot me enough to do all the things needed. At any rate, here I am almost 4 months out and WoW what a difference a few months can make. I have so much to tell you. I am down 68 glorious pounds and I feel like a new person.(check out my profile for a new picture) My energy level has soared and I feel absolutely wonderful. There isn't a better feeling in the entire world than losing the weight that held you trapped in a life of dread. I now am free to do all the things I have always wanted to do. I can cross my legs now in a lady like fashion and not look like I have them crossed like a man. Prior to surgery I was wearing 26/28 pants & tops. I went clothes shopping last weekend and you won't believe what size I am in. I can wear a 20 pant....and 18/20 shirt/sweater. I feel like I've died and gone to heaven. Of course, I know I still have a ways to go. I even purchased me a pair of motivation jeans. I got them a couple sizes too small. Can't wait to get myself into them. I tried them on and they need about 4 inches in the waist in order to zip and button. But look out for my post where I tell you "THEY FINALLY FIT!!" So many people have complimented me on my loss since I got new clothes. Guess I was still hiding under the baggy stuff. Second thing I wanted to tell everyone is this. I am finally in need of a good under garment that will hold everything in and make my clothes look neat. I purchased a mid-drift girdle thingy from Macy's last week. It works good but after a long day it's a bit uncomfortable. So I went online and found this awesome site called Lipo in a Box. Their products are designed for WLS patience and they aren't supposed to roll or become uncomfortable. So I ordered one. It came in today and I couldn't wait to try it on. So I slipped into the bathroom here at work and all I can say is WOW....this thing is amazing. It holds everything in and it does it comfortably. I will definitely be giving them more of my business. One great thing about this is it doesn't roll. I even submitted a testimonial. Now, on to another subject that isn't as pleasant as shopping. It's called DUMPING!!! I really didn't think I would be one that would have this happen to. But as luck would have it...I am!! Here's my story. My husband's birthday was the end of September and me being the good wife that I am decided that he needed a birthday cake. So I went and bought him one. I decided since I couldn't have the cake I would pick up some "sugar free" ice cream and I would be happy with a scoop of that. Did I mention that cake with butter cream icing is my RED LIGHT FOOD!! Anyway, I did fine that first night. Ignored the cake and had my one scoop of ice cream. The next day when I got home from work....that cake was calling my name. I could smell it the minute I put the key in the lock. I went on to prepare dinner and all the while this cake was a demon on my shoulder. It knew my weaknesses and relentlessly it called and lured me over to just take another smell. I continued to fight the urge. I made my salad and went out of the kitchen to eat it. But once I returned THE CAKE WAS STILL THERE....calling me all the more. I rationalized it in my head that perhaps a small piece out of the center where there wasn't gobs of icing probably wouldn't hurt me. Right? Right!!!! So I gave in to my cake craving and cut a tiny piece from the center and thought to myself...what's cake without ice cream is so I added a scoop of the sugar free ice cream to it. I was like a kid who had cake & ice cream for the first time in their deprived life. I got in the middle of my bed, turned on my favorite show, and I was in heaven!! I am here to tell you that was the best cake I had ever ate in my entire life. What I didn't know was how quick I would fall from heaven and straight into hell. About 30-40 minutes after I had consumed my devilish delight, I thought I would die!!! It started with gas in my stomach that was so severe my stomach swelled to where I looked 8 months pregnant. The pain was unbearable. My body temperature went up so high my husband said it felt as though I was running a temp of 105º. I felt disoriented and had trouble walking straight. My heart was racing 90 miles an minute and I felt as though I was going to pass out. Never in my wildest dreams did I think one tiny piece of cake would do this to a human being. I prayed for my misery to end. My husband was so concerned he was ready to haul me to the ER. I told him to leave me alone. I did this to myself. It would pass but until then, just leave me alone!!! I was so irritable. As the night wore on, my symptoms of dumping started to subside. But my stomach stayed full of gas all night and even into the next day. Of course now I realize that the dumping came from the sugar in the cake and the gas came from the sugar alcohol in the "sugar free" ice cream. I don't know if any of you have had similar experiences or not but it was horrible. I have since then, made sure that nothing I consume has sugar in it unless it's natural sugar. Such as fruits & vegetables. I wanted to share my story with you, just in case you are like me and feel you have to test the waters. I am here to say; there isn't a piece of cake anywhere that's worth feeling the way I did that night. Well that pretty much covers where I am right now in my journey. It has been a wonderful ride and I know I haven't yet arrived in Skinnyville but I'm well on my way. The sights and experiences along the way are just as exciting as the destination. I am one happy camper. Lots of Love Kathy
Christina R.
on 10/30/06 3:37 am - Reston, VA
Kathy- Congrats on your progress! I bet the next time cake is in the house you'll remember this experience and have a few words for that cake! Christina S
Chyanne2u
on 10/31/06 1:47 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Christina, There won't be a next time for cake in my house. I have officially banned cake from the premises. If the family wants cake they will have to eat it elsewhere. If it comes in the door, it goes in the trash and then to the dump. Thank you for your post and your words of encouragement. I know you are doing fantastic as well. Don't forget that you and I are surgery sisters...July Babies!! Lots of Love Kathy
Robin C.
on 10/30/06 3:51 am - Norfolk, VA
Hi Kathy, You are doing so well! I think I would be so relieved to know that I do dump. That night of hell will probably serve you well in the future. I am sorry you had to endure ti though. But at least now, you will probably will not be tempted by cake any more, right. Sounds like you are doing so well other than though. I am so happy for you! Keep up the good wor****ep us posted! Hugs, Robin
Chyanne2u
on 10/31/06 1:53 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Robin, In many ways I am glad I do dump. It's a cursed blessing. Even though it makes it so you can never enjoy anything with sugar in it...by the same token it keeps you in control. I need that because I always had a sweet tooth. I know from what I experienced that I will never test those waters again. It just "ain't" worth it!!! Thank you for your kind words and it does feel wonderful to get the encouragement and support that I have. I will definitely keep everyone posted and you do the same. I am saying a prayer each day that you will get your approval. Just be patient and don't give it. It's so worth the struggle, the wait, and the aggravation. Lots of Love Kathy
Robin C.
on 10/31/06 2:30 am - Norfolk, VA
Thank you for you prayers for my approval. I am not giving up - I know I will have this surgery one way or another! I am praying for your continued success too! Happy Halloween - no treats, just tricks though ! Hugs, Robin
(deactivated member)
on 10/30/06 4:05 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Kathy, Oh my goodness what a horrible experience! I am 8 months out and have never dumped yet because I am very careful about what I eat and am way too afraid to test the waters!! And your story keeps me motivated to not want to try! I am sorry you felt so bad but you must be relieved to know that you DO indeed dump. At least now you will not even want to give in to temptations....because you understand the consequencies. You are doing so well - look at how far you have come in your pictures! I am so proud of you!! Getting into smaller clothes is fun - I love it! Jackie
Chyanne2u
on 10/31/06 1:57 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hi Jackie, Yeah, I'm so glad now that I dump. It is keeping me on track and on the wagon. LOL This is such an amazing ride and I am so happy with all the results. I am feeling better than ever and I'm healthy without medications. Smaller clothes is always a plus. Can't wait to drop another couple of sizes. Lots of Love Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 10/30/06 8:06 am - Remington, VA
Kathy! OMG you poor thing!! I feel for ya! I've never dumped that bad, but I know it's not fun! Congrats to you on your success and your new lease on life!!! Kirsten
Chyanne2u
on 10/31/06 2:29 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Kirsten, Thanks for the reply and the words of encouragement. It wasn't fun but it was a learning experience. And yes, life is so good and is only getting better. Lots of Love Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views