Got it done

Big_E
on 10/29/06 5:49 am - Springfield, VA
Well, had the surgery Mon and am home and in pain. Would not go through that again if I had the choice and would not recommend it to anyone else unless as a last resort. Wasn't too surprised, though, glad I did my homework ahead of time. Knew it wouldn't be an easy ride but had never had surgery before so didn't know exactly how bad it would be. Just wanted to let the people who welcomed me to the board (and the ones I met in the support group) know. Thanks again.
Jennifer V.
on 10/29/06 6:44 am - Waynesboro, VA
Hang in there. It get's much better. Keep drinking!!
A10sFrau
on 10/29/06 7:52 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Compared to childbirth RNY was nothing for me. Hang in there. It gets better, and seeing the weight peel off makes the memory of surgery fade faster. Lois
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/06 11:12 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Hang on in there..... I know it seems really tough in the beginning but it does get easier, honest. When I first woke up from the anesthetic I was horrified by the pain too but they got it under control and then things were okay... once you start to lose weight and get into this, I promise you that you would do it all over again in a heart beat......... You are still in recovery and need some time..... I am glad that you came though to the other side! Welcome! Jackie
Big_E
on 10/29/06 9:13 pm - Springfield, VA
Thanks for all the well wishes! I know it's worth it--at least it will be when I can stop taking all the medication and stop the C-PAP machine (and all the other stuff--you know how it is!) Right now my goal is to get these darn staples out!
Ernurse323
on 10/29/06 11:13 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Yay !! You did it. It is all" down" from here...well, scale wise anyhow. Life will be all up from here !! Hang in there. Each day does get better. The brain has a way of forgeting the pain !! Hugs and Congrats !! Dana
Splenderella
on 10/30/06 12:56 am
Congrats on your surgery! I remember when I got home after surgery how I regretted it...but that was only for about 20 minutes and I was over that. I kept thinking long term how happy & healthy I was going to be. It gets better each day... God Bless, Erika
Robin C.
on 10/30/06 3:30 am - Norfolk, VA
Congrats on your surgery. From everything I have read here, things will get better as time goes on. I hope everything goes smoothly for you post op. Hugs, Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views