Lexington Kentucky Event

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/06 2:36 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Also posted on main board......... Hi Just wanted to write a note to you all to say that the event at Lexington Kentucky was an excellent event with some really good speakers and very interesting and right on target topics. I also met many new people I only know through screen names and met some other people I did not know at all and am very happy to have met so many good people. The fancy dress party was so much fun and there were some great costumes!! Amy has said she will be posting a link to the pictures soon so everyone can see them. The vendors were very informational and had some great products! These events are so important to people like us - where we can all meet together with people just like us - that understand and respect each other's obesity struggle. I would encourage everyone to try and get to at least one event a year - if you have never been to one you will be surprised how much you learn and how much fun it is. You will make new friends for life at these events. I want to thank Monica Ganz for her devotion to us and to these events - not forgetting special thanks to Dame Tooter and Amy for all their hard work on putting this together and making it run so successfully. Their efforts are certainly appreciated! Cathy A and I are driving home tomorrow - Sunday - so wish us luck for an uneventful ride!! Hope the weather holds out for us! Jackie Jackie
(deactivated member)
on 10/28/06 10:28 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Jackie, it sounds like you had a wonderful time. I am so glad. I can't wait to hear more about it. I hope you have (had) a good ride home and enjoyed all the pretty colors along the route. Can't wait to see some pictures. I am sorry I wasn't able to make the trip, but it was definitely a good decision on my part. Maybe next time?? love donna
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/06 11:16 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Hi Donna, We did have a wonderful time - very informational and I am surprised at how much I learned. I plan to make a point of attending more of these if I can.... The route there was beautiful - the colors were amazing - glad that I did not have my camera or we would have been stopping all the time!! Next time it will be a pleaure to go with you! You will have a great time! Jackie
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/06 8:23 am - Henrico, VA
Hi Jackie, Was good to meet you in Lexington...you have done great! Hope you had a great trip home! Hugs, Patty
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/06 11:19 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Hi Patty - it was great to meet you too! We had a great trip home! Hope yours was good too!! Jackie
cathya
on 10/29/06 11:03 am - Orlando, FL
It was a great weekend and a good time was had by all. Jackie did a good job describing the weekend for those who didn't get to go. Dr Stickler was my favorite speaker of the weekend followed by Colleen Cook. Information and motivation --- great combo. Jackie and I had a nice drive back to NoVA. We stopped at a wonderful spot in Beckley called Tamarack. Beautiful handmade arts and crafts. I did my part to support the local economy. CathyA
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/06 11:25 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
And thanks to Cathy and despite my best objections, she dragged me into the Market with my arm twisted up my back, forced me to but some gifts and a beautiful bracelet for myself........ I fought all the way but the urge to part with my money was too strong lolololol! Jackie
(deactivated member)
on 11/3/06 4:22 pm - Yakima, WA
(((HUGS))) and thank you! It was such a pleasure to meet you!
(deactivated member)
on 11/3/06 10:39 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
The pleasure was all mine Tooter!! You are a legend to me! Jackie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views