Charlottesville Support group?

Scarlette V.
on 10/27/06 2:41 am - Charlottesville, VA
I have heard there is a support group in Charlottesville. Can anyone tell me about it as I really feel like I need to meet some people who understand what I'm going through. Thanks!
prissy25
on 10/27/06 3:50 am - Barboursville, VA
Hi Scarlette we do have a small group that meets once a month or every other month we are now called the FFP's (Formerly Fat People) we will be meeting again here in Charlottesville Dec. 2nd at noon havent decided the location yet you are welcome to join us. We do lunch, clothing exchange for those who have to get rid of we do the goodwill sometimes. There is a support group at UVA as well never been though but DR Schirmers office can give you that info.
Scarlette V.
on 10/27/06 5:14 am - Charlottesville, VA
Thanks. Let me know where the meeting is and I'll try to go. That sounds like fun. I'm kind of shy, but I really want to meet other GB patients who can relate to my issues and know what its like to go thru all this.
hollydecarlo
on 10/28/06 10:44 am - hopewell, VA
welcome!!! there are several of us from around your area.. and like melinda said we meet once a month. we would all love to have you there. if you want some one to talk to you can email me any time.. [email protected] hugs, holly
Scarlette V.
on 10/29/06 8:58 am - Charlottesville, VA
Thanks for the support. I would love to meet you all. it sounds like fun!
Shanana
on 10/28/06 11:03 pm - Altavista, VA
Hey lady. Remember me?? I have been reading your recent issues and thinking about you. I am such a different person that u met last year at my consult. You look great and I hope you are better soon. I come to the meet and greets in Charlottesville and would love to see you. I should be up there Nov 9 if you want to meet for lunch. Shannon
Scarlette V.
on 10/29/06 8:56 am - Charlottesville, VA
Hi Shannan. ! You look amazing. can you believe how much we've changed since the last time we saw each other? I have my follow up with Dr Schirmer on Nov 9th at 1 pm for the surgery I had last week. Are you seeing Dr Schirmer that day too? Maybe we can meet. I will have to work part of the day because I have used up all my sick time with this last surgery. Let me know when you are available and maybe we can get together.
Shanana
on 10/29/06 11:17 am - Altavista, VA
I have to be there at 9:15 for upper gi and smaill bowel xrays. After that i get a break and appt w/ Schirmer at 2 pm. Let me know, if not i will see you in his office. You know we will be waiting. LOL Good to hear from you again. Shannon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views