I'm Not Too Crazy!

Kim-150
on 10/25/06 11:05 pm - Richmond, VA
YEAH! I had my psych consult yesterday and I am not too crazy to have surgery! In fact she said I was a wonderful candidate and she thinks I will be very successful. Only 16 days till my last appt with my pcp on my 6-month diet. I gave him copies of everything he needed to fill out, he even wrote a letter of necessity, and I will get everything from him on Nov. 10th. I will then hand deliver everything to the surgeon's office that afternoon, and BEG the coordinator to send in my appeal asap. If the stars all align perfectly I may hear back on insurance approval by the end of November ,and MAYBE (according to the scheduler) I can have surgery by the end of the year!!!! Ok...I am starting to get excited. I have been trying really hard to stay calm, in case I dont' get approved. Do any of you remember this feeling of anticipation, excitement, fear and joy all rolled into one??? Kim
Splenderella
on 10/26/06 12:17 am
Hi Kim, Oh my gosh do I ever remember the anxiety & anticipation & yes fear!!! I was very blessed and was approved right away. My psych consult was actually a joke, I was in and out in about 10 minutes.... no lie! I remember not being able to think about anything but the surgery, ate, slept & breathed it. I think I spent every waking hour on this board reading profile after profile. I pray everything goes smoothly for you. God Bless, Erika 2yrs on 11/3/06 247/143
Ernurse323
on 10/26/06 10:31 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Erika, I loved your profile. VERY INSPIRING !! You are just beautiful and your happiness radiates !! Congrats on the marriage. You are a beautiful "skinny" bride !!! Dana
A10sFrau
on 10/26/06 3:18 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Who is your surgeon? Some move quickly, others take a few months because they are pretty booked up. Yippeee for you and good luck. Lois
Kim-150
on 10/28/06 1:26 am - Richmond, VA
My surgeon is going to be Dr. Bautista or Dr. Hutcher at Commonweath Surgeons in Richmond. They both have great reviews and reputations, so I feel comfortable with either. I think I have done everything Cigna requires me to do, but I know there could be something I am missing. I just want to be approved so I can go on with my life. I feel in limbo. If I am not approved I don't know what I will do. I don't know if I have it in me to jump through any more insurance hoops.
Betsy Anitahug
on 10/26/06 7:20 am - Danville, VA
The excitement is incredible...I still remember it all like it was yesterday. Good luck and we are here for you.. Hugs, Betsy
bradygirl
on 10/28/06 12:56 am - Virgina Beach, VA
Girl, Yes! I so remember feeling those things all summer. I had my psych consult( which was over an hour) and then she ( the DOC) wanted me to work on taking time for my self. Needless to say I did just that this summer and now I am back to eatting standing up in the Kitchen whil packing lunch boxes, signing permission slips and feeding the pets. I hope that every thing goes well for you! I look forward to seeing your progress! Good luck to you! Cindy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views