Quick response from Aetna, but not good!

Robin C.
on 10/27/06 2:55 am - Norfolk, VA
Ha! You're too funny! LMAO! I thought about that. The last words my scheduler said to me before we hung up the phone yesterday were that I might need to come in and be weighed again next week - "so have a really good weekend." I took that to mean - gain as much weight as you can! That won't be a problem since we are entaining guests all weekend so there will be plenty of eating going on. I also have these little hand weights that can be hidden nicely in various places (wink! wink!). Thanks for your support and have a terrific weekend! Robin
Anna Bryant
on 10/27/06 12:17 pm - Roanoke, VA
Oh Robin, I am so sorry to hear that, but it does sound like your doc is going to fight for you and looks like maybe the insurance was not given the correct info so I am saying a prayer for you tonight and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. You'll get there. Take care and keep us updated. Anna
Robin C.
on 10/28/06 1:58 am - Norfolk, VA
Yes, I feel very blessed to have such a kind, caring doc that is going to bat for me in person. I have to go get weighed again on Monday. You can be sure that I will have a BMI of 40 when I am there. I'm not taking any chances. Also, I got a letter from AETNA just yesterday that had a date of December 13, 2006 as my surgery date. I am hoping that we get this straightened out right away so that really will be my date . Thank you very much for your prayers and I will keep ya'll updated! Hugs, Robin
Kim-150
on 10/28/06 1:31 am - Richmond, VA
Robin, I am a few weeks away from completing my 6 month required physcian supervised diet. I have only lost about 5 pounds, but I was scared to lose even that! I am afraid I will fall below the magic "40" and I have no co-morbidities to help me out. Now I am afraid the insurance company will say that I did not follow the diet and exercise program so they deny me! It seems like I am stuck either way I turn. I won't know anyting till the end of November, and I am afraid I will turn blue and die before then if I keep holding my breath! Good luck to both of us! Kim
Robin C.
on 10/28/06 2:00 am - Norfolk, VA
Hi Kim, You'll make it - just do whatever it takes to make sure you hit the magic number (see the posts above). I will pray for you tonight and every night until I hear that you've been approved. We're both gonna be losers soon, I just know it! Take Care, Robin
hollydecarlo
on 10/28/06 10:53 am - hopewell, VA
robin, keep your chin up girl!!! and fight like hell!!! don't take no for an answer!!! i will be saying a prayer for you.. hang in there, holly
Robin C.
on 10/28/06 12:29 pm - Norfolk, VA
Hey Holly, I am definitely keepin' my chin up, girl! I just checked out your profile - you are HOT!!! Wow - I hope I come out of this lookin' half as good as you. I showed my hubby your pics - he was like, "Wow, I really can't wait for you to get your figure back and look that good again!". He's so wonderful and supportive. I feel very lucky! I have figured out exactly what I have to weigh when I get to the doc's office Monday morning for them to reweigh me to give my doc some more ammunition for his face-to-face with the insurance doc. So I will definitely have a BMI of 40 when I get there. Thanks for your support! Hugs, Robin
Christine Hood
on 10/29/06 12:11 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Awww Robin, I am so sorry to hear that. Aetna denied me too the first time around. My understanding is that they approve a bunch of people easily and then they get in a funk and deny everyone. Keep at it...it will work out for you girl. Christine 253/181.5/158(surgeon's goal)/134 (my goal)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views