APPROVED!!!! Wooooot!!

Anna Bryant
on 10/25/06 10:58 am - Roanoke, VA
I had my consult yesterday with Dr. Lucktong and I really liked him and his staff. They were really good to us. At the end while signing papers and talking to Missy his nurse. She said I should hear something back by tomorrow and I will email you. I didn't even say anything...lol didn't want to jinx it. She said all they had to do for my insurance was send in a checklist....wow can you believe that. I have really been agonizing over it because when I called my insurance the lady I talked to said just because you are 100lbs over and your BMI is over 40 doesn't mean you will get approved.....wench...oops did I say that. Missy seemed to know I would get approved. I was talking to my hubby after and he said she already knew you would get approved. God love her, she is the nicest person and has a good sense of humor as well. Dr. Lucktong did too. I am on top of the world. I for some reason and I am sure this isn't just me but I guess I was feeling like maybe I don't deserve it so I wouldn't get approved. Dumb I know but there it is. Dr. Lucktong said that he was pretty certain he could get me in by the end of the year which works out great since my husband had an operation earlier in the year so our out of pocket will be minimal. Sorry for going on and on. I am just so excited. Anna
Robin C.
on 10/25/06 11:45 am - Norfolk, VA
That was so fast! I am so excited for you (and a little jealous (LOL!)...as I sit here playing the waiting game because my paperwork was submitted for approval yesteday too!). That is sooooo awesome! When will you get a date? I hope it is soon for you!!!! Best of luck! Robin
Anna Bryant
on 10/27/06 12:10 pm - Roanoke, VA
Robin have you heard anything? If not my suggestion is to call your insurance. Dr's office told me they expected an answer the next day so when I didn't here from them I called the insurance and they gave me the good news. I should hear from Missy on Monday to set up my appointments. I have to get a sleep study and psyche eval and nutrution appt. Then stress tests since I took phen-phen and blood work. Missy said that she can schedule my sleep study on a Wednesday night and all my other tests then next day. So that means less time missed for work. I am hoping to have the psyche and nutritionist appt's on the same day. Ready to move forward....lol. Who is your insurance? Anna
Christina R.
on 10/25/06 1:36 pm - Reston, VA
Anna! How exciting! I'm so happy for you!! Keep us posted on your date and in the meantime keep ing for joy and ing! Christina S
Judy B.
on 10/25/06 10:04 pm - Marion, VA
HI Anna Congrats hon on getting this far in the process. I too had Dr. Lucktong. He is awesome!!! hugs JudyB
A10sFrau
on 10/25/06 10:22 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Congratulations to you! Lois
Anna Bryant
on 10/27/06 12:05 pm - Roanoke, VA
Thanks everyone, sorry it took me so long to reply been hectic around home. I am so thrilled and excited. Anna
bradygirl
on 10/28/06 12:59 am - Virgina Beach, VA
Good news for you! I am very excited for you! I just got my date of 12-27-06, so maybe we will have the same date! What a great Doc and Nurse you have! Keep us posted! Cindy
Anna Bryant
on 10/28/06 11:53 am - Roanoke, VA
Thats great Cindy...congrats on your date. Anna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views