Plastics Pre-op/Insurance Musings

Jane M.
on 10/24/06 1:58 pm - Williamsburg, VA
I had my Plastics Pre-op appointment today. Wow, the list of drugs/herbs/supplements we can't take 10 days before or after is 3 pages Long!! I I had to grab all my supplements and read through everything line by line. Luckily only one (Hair vitamins) I can't take. Everything else is a go. It's kinda embarrassing having to "try on" boobs in front of a near stranger. But alas, I got to finally see what my end product might be like, I'm pretty pleased. Now, one thing I reccommend, is a On Q-pump. My doc said I'd probally not need it, but after talking to other folks, I convinced him I do. I'm not so good with extensive pain. I'm having a Fleur-d-lys abdominoplasty. It's scary, but will probally give me a good result. I've already decided that if this surgery proves too much for me, I'm going to forgo all the others except my deviated septum surgery. But I still might change my mind later down the road. For those who have asked me, I'm self-pay. Even though I work in the Insurance billing industry and know all the coding for surgical procedures, I knew I'd have a fight on my hands. medical coding is getting more complicated, more detailed. Your going to find it harder to surgical procedures covered if the coder submitting your bill doesn't do it right. the industry is going to make it harder and harder for people to get approved. My own fight to get WLS for 3 years was a tough battle. But I still say, don't give up. It can be done. I've seen miracles happen. So, folks, pray for me on November 6th. I'm a single mom now, I really don't have anyone except my son and I'm about all he's got left. One of the reasons I choose to have seperate surgeies, is so he doesn't have to see me in the hospital. It's where he watched his daddy and grandpa die and he connects death with hospitals. I need positive thoughts. I'm apprehensive and nervous. And if I don't see you tommorrow, I'll see you when I get back from Lexi! P.S. Sorry for the rambling, I've had a rough day today...
MrsTonyaBrown
on 10/24/06 8:29 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Jane, My thoughts and prayers go with you. Good luck on the struggle and keep the faith it will all come out okay. Hugs, Tonya
Stephanie M.
on 10/25/06 5:42 am - Moncks Corner, SC
Hey Tonya! How are ya!?!??! Hugs, Stephanie
(deactivated member)
on 10/24/06 8:33 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
O do I know first hand about trying on the boobs in front of the docs ... I actually had mine fall out of the sports bra they gave me . I was so embarrased .. but It excited me .. I was a little taken when I had to strip buck neked to show them the rest of me .. but it will be for a great cause . As soon as I am healed from my tumor I plan on waiting 6 mos .. then going in for a full body lift w boobs . I am getting it all done next year .. and will be self pay as well ... My surgeon may do it in stages ... who knows .. but yes .. I know that feeling . Looking forward to seeing you .. HUgs, Nat
(deactivated member)
on 10/24/06 10:16 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Jane - my heart goes out to you as you have worried making this decision - but I think it is a good one - you don't want to stop with your body still half done as you are still so young! I am looking forward to meeting you at Lexington tomorrow! Jackie
Jane M.
on 10/24/06 10:32 pm - Williamsburg, VA
Just cause' I'm scared doesn't mean I'm gonna stop here. I think it's just trying to wrap my mind around the fact that in some way I feel that I am unnaturally altering my body. But then again, nature hasn't been to good to it!
(deactivated member)
on 10/25/06 12:06 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
I think nature unnaturally altered mine - I was supposed to look like a model lol!! I just think plastic surgery will help get it back to a better state than nature left me in Jackie
Stephanie M.
on 10/25/06 5:45 am - Moncks Corner, SC
Hey Jane! I will be praying for you on Nov 6th...and hoping for the best! Thanks for sharing what you are going through. After I have all my babies...I hope to have some things done...and it is nice to hear from others who have walked the walk! Hugs, Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views