Stomach virus and venting!!

ebayer76
on 10/23/06 11:34 am - Richmond, VA
Ok so i need to vent. myself, husband and son have the stomach flu. my son pretty much is over it and never really got it too bad. My husband and I woke up this am and i was in so much stomach pain all the way around my mid section we almost called 911 at 6am. i was crying, it was terrible. It finally went away after about an hour. My thing is, i am throwing up all day long. On and off. somehow I still have the be the one to make phone calls for appts, grocrey shopping, getting all the errands done, have to go back out to get something for my sons day care. make dinner, clean up, take care of my son bwt throwing up and my husband gets to sit on the couch and relax. WTF!! there is always some reason why he can't do anything when he is sick. same thing happened last dec. week of xmas. we all are really sick. my son for two weeks throwing up, myself and my husband. Of course my MIL says when they come over while we are sick, "oh should'nt you go out and get some crackers and gingerale". Again WTF! i am sick been taking care of our son and my husband gets to lay down and get better. When i went to the doc a week ago which no one knows my blood levels, the tests everything is sooo low. i take vitamins try to eat pretty good but still can't eat a lot. I am soooo run down its crazy. i just went back to work recently. I sleep about four hours a night because there is so much i feel i need to do that my mind does not stop running. and of course no family member even offers to help out with our son who never really got sick. not that i have a lot of family around me but good lord. i think because everyone else i know including family acts weak and whines. maybe i need to stop being so strong and whine and cry so then maybe i can get a little help once in a while. I guess being a mother you never get to get better because it is not an option. Well at least for me it is not an option. ok i am done venting. does anyone know if it is going to do major damage to my stomach all the throwing up? i don't know what happened this am with the major pain. I thought of getting a hold of my surgeon but it went away. oh who cares, if i get to go into the hospital at least i will get a days rest. GRRRRR.... thanks Liz
(deactivated member)
on 10/23/06 11:56 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
You know Liz - your family will take advantage of you only as long as you let them. It is them you should be venting to and not us. Do they even know how you feel? Unless you say to your husband that he needs to get off his ass and help you what reason does he have to even want to? Sorry, I know I am sounding harsh but I used to do everything like you do in a previous marriage but I will not be taken advantage of any more. You are tired and in pain - you deserve some consideration. Anyhow you sound tired and worn out - you need to tell people how you feel and then you need to take care of yourself starting with your nutrition and blood tests. You need to tell your family that you need support too and assign them tasks so they realize that you are serious. Then you need to go through your blood tests and work out what you need to do action all of these things. We can't play with our health without serious consequencies. I am only saying these things because I am concerned about you and care. Please take care of yourself - anyone who wants to go into hospital for a rest that you never get because they wake you up all the time is desperate for some much needed rest. Jackie
ebayer76
on 10/23/06 7:56 pm - Richmond, VA
Hi, yes i said something last night. I told him how i was sick all day long and still was doing things. yes he had to go into work because of an issue. i was off yesterday. so i take that into consideration. i am not a mean person. When he is sick it is a losing battle with him. Other then that when he is not sick he is very helpful and does a lot with helping with our son. I was upset that i was sick as well and that did not seem to matter. We had a talk when i went to work he was going to have to really start doing a little more around the house so everything does not fall apart. Which he has started doing. ugh. i will write more later. i need to get sick. sorry. Liz
(deactivated member)
on 10/23/06 9:41 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Hi Liz, Well you made a start and started taking action so good for you! I do not think for a second that you are a mean person - you were just very sick and tired - literally! Keep up the pressure for him to do things so he knows that you are serious and not just complaining because you did not feel well. I wish you luck. Doing all the work can be undone - it just takes time for people to realize that you meant what you said. Hope you feel better today Jackire
Betsy Anitahug
on 10/25/06 10:14 pm - Danville, VA
Liz, Honey, Men are big babies...always sicker than anyone else. Can't live with them or without them....gotta love em. Just stand up for yourself and just ignore them...go to bed and get better. HUgs, Betsy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views