OH Lexington Conference--Urgent need for clothes

cathya
on 10/23/06 10:40 am - Orlando, FL
This is a an urgent request. I just got a call from my daughter in Florida asking me to help her so I am turn to you all, my WLS family. My daughter has just adopted a 16 year old girl from Morocco. She just arrived and to my daughters surprise this child is 5 feet tall and 200 pounds. She wears a 18W-20W and has only a few clothes. Because of all the expenses associated with bringing her here she doesn't have much to spend on the child. She tried to take her shopping but the child kept trying to buy boys clothes because that is all she thinks will fit her. It does not appear that anyone ever took any time with her to show her how to be a girl. My daughter is taking her to get her hair styled and try to help her feel better about herself. I think everyone reading this who had a weight problem as a child can relate to this. If any one has any clothes that a teen would wear and you are willing to donate them to a good cause, PLEASEEEE bring them to me in Lexington this weekend. I will mail them to Orlando and say a prayer that God will Bless you for your Kindness.
(deactivated member)
on 10/23/06 8:55 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Aaaw Cathy - I WISH I COULD HELP YOU, your daughter and your new grand daughter, truly I do. I have NONE of my previous clothes left, Ive passed them ALL on, over the last four years. The only two things that I still own, that is probably an 18 and a 20, are for TALL people. They're not exageratiing when they say TALL either. I'm 5'9" and both outfits (pink prom kinda dress and a black dress slack ensemble) both drag the ground on me. If you'd like me to bring them, I would be more then happy to, but they are both for "fancier" kinda evenings and would literally look like a child was wearing their parents clothes in "dress up" as short as your new grand daughter is - can't see a teenager being interested in either. btw - I hear that Lexington IS having a clothing exchange - forgot who on the main board was in charge of it, so maybe you'll be able to pick up a few things while you're there? I hope so. lol, if you need me to play block (or defensive) while you grab a few things, let me know, I'll go to the clothes exchange with you.
(deactivated member)
on 10/23/06 10:31 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Cathy, first congratulations on your new granddaughter! That is so wonderful. I am sorry I don't have anything that a teen would be interested in. I do know from my own experience that you can get some nice things at consignment and Goodwill. Some American kids my (my grandkids for one) think it's cool and retro to shop there, but I'm not sure how it would work for your new little one. You might try. Sorry I can't be of help Cathy, love donna
cathya
on 10/23/06 11:12 pm - Orlando, FL
Thanks Donna, If I can't get some things for her from folks here, Goodwill is my next stop. The hardest part is the "teen thing." I have no clue what is "IN" I'm so bummed you can't do with us to Lexington. We will have to plan an outing when you are getting around better. LoveYa Cathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views