OH Conference in Lexington, KY - Get Together?

Christina R.
on 10/22/06 8:56 am - Reston, VA
Hi All- So are there any informal get-togethers for the VA board for those that will be attending the conference? My hubby and I are driving out on Thursday and leaving on Sunday. We picked up our costumes for the ball today...we're excited about the weekend away learning more about WLS lifestyle and meeting new people that "understand" my new insides and the challenges that go along with it. Hope I can meet some of you while we're there! Christina S
(deactivated member)
on 10/22/06 9:25 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Christine, I am going and would love to make sure I meet up with you! I saw that you had written that you and your husband were at the Walk from Obesity at Fair Oaks Hospital and I w3as there too and never talked with you. (of course I am sure you have changed from your picture so I probabky would not have recognized you anyway). Cathy A and I are driving down on Thursday and leaving on Sunday morning too.... I have to iron my costume - yuk - but am excited about Friday evening too!! There are some good speakers there and I am looking forward to hearing many of them.... See you there! Jackie
cathya
on 10/22/06 11:42 am - Orlando, FL
Hi, I'm coming with Jackie. Are you going to teach us to dance? Cathy
Christina R.
on 10/22/06 12:44 pm - Reston, VA
Cathy- We could do a quick lesson if we have some guys join us! Christina S
(deactivated member)
on 10/22/06 9:44 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
NATALIE AND PATTY - read this post, please!!!!!! Hello Christina, Im thinking if we ALL travel from Virginia all the way to Kentucky and DON'T HOOK UP, there is something very very wrong!!!! lol, I'll be real aggra'd if we don't! Um, but PLEASE, if you see me first and I don't recognize you, toss something in my direction and get my attention!!!!!!! Soooooooooooo, what time you getting into town on Thursday? Patty, Natalie and I are carpooling and we're hoping to get there between 2 and 3 (we're leaving Richmond at 6 in the morning) ...check in is at 3:00, although Im sure if we're early, they'll make arrangements to get us in. I was going to send Natalie and Patty an email today about a few restaurant options for Thursday night. I have a good friend that lives in Kentucky and he said we'd be absolutely SILLY to come all the way to 'Tucky and NOT try the "ASIAN WIND" (Chinese restaurant) which is about 4 or 5 miles from the Radisson. That might be a good one to explore our first night there? I think that's when we'll ALL have the "most time on our hands" as a group. I couldnt find an actual site for them, but I found many many write ups (Reviews) and all were powerful. Here's one - a quick google should get you more. I wanna meet "HARRISON"!! I think we'll have enough cars, between us, to get the VA-group out there. Anyone interested in dinner, let's say at 6:30 ....here? http://chefmoz.org/United_States/KY/Lexington/Asian_Wind945848299.html It'll be HARD to leave the hotel on Friday for a meal, since there is only a 2 hour break, between the breakout sessions and the costume party. Assuming that's the case, then the hotel restaurant might be the best choice for Friday night? It also comes with great reviews, so I'm more then gamed if others want to join. The name of it is, Cafe on the Park, and here is their link. http://www.cafeonthepark.com/enter.html ...and for Saturday night, maybe De Sha's? Another good friend in Lexington (Dana Barr, 6 years post op) highly recommended this place. She said it's within WALKING distance of our hotel. Havent a clue what it's going to be like trying to get a big group into ANY of these places (but specifically this one) so if people are interested in going, a reservation might be our best bet - since a few from the Grads board have also talked about a Saturday final dinner. http://www.tavernrestaurantgroup.com/html/lexington.html Okay - TADA, those are my suggestions! Lei
(deactivated member)
on 10/22/06 9:48 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Ditto to what Lei said .. LOL .. It is a must that we all meet up .. and see each other . For me .. it will be the last time I will probaby get to see you guys before I go in the hospital .. so Please ... let's do this .. I am all over Lei's suggestions .. I will get there and follow ... up for anything .. Can not wait to see you ALL .. and I am off now to shop some more for the trip . Hugs, Nat
Christina R.
on 10/22/06 10:38 pm - Reston, VA
Those suggestions sound good to me as well! I'm not sure what time we're arriving yet. We have to find someone to care for our kitty or we'll have to take him to a vet for boarding (which may prevent us from leaving at th crack of dawn). Once I know more I'll let you know if we'll be there at the time mentioned for Thursday. Thanks for the suggestions! Christina S
(deactivated member)
on 10/22/06 11:05 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hey, I just read on the main board that our hotel allows pets? That's kinda surprising since most of the high-risers don't. LOL, of course, NOW I want to bring both of my big ol' tub of lard, kittykats. I have a feeling Patty and Natalie will draw the line at flying fur, though? Maybe you can bring your lil baby with you? Anyway - Im going to call tomorrow night and put in reservations, I'll include you and your husband in the count. I'll let you all know what time was available (im hoping 6:30 or 7:00 based on a group of about 15? give or take). If you find out you can't make it just shoot me an email, or post to your thread and I'll either adjust the number or who knows, it might get filled by another late comer, in the interim?
Moma V.
on 10/23/06 1:20 am - Frogtown, OH
16 - don't forget to add me to the dinner plans on Fri & Sat !
(deactivated member)
on 10/23/06 1:54 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hey sweet stuff... ME forget YOU? Never! Friday night should be a no brainer, I can't see us needing reservations, just figure those that are ready for dinner (early) at 5:01 - meet at the HOTEL restaurant. Saturday night might be a lil more tricky and I'm going to call them today or tomorrow, just to feel them out. Figure it's a hot spot and any group over 6 will require reservations - we can hammer the details of that one, sometime Friday. Hey? If Im not out shopping, I might duck away (2:00 ish) and hit the pool/hot tub for an hour or two, before dinner on Friday, so if you wanna play hooky with me - BRING YOUR SUIT!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views