A new member of the VA Board

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/06 1:18 am
Hi Everyone, I live up near Culpeper and just got banded on Wednesday at University of VA. I feel a little strange dealing with post-op pain, worries about losing weight, making sure my portions sizes are right, and trying out new food combos. There is a support group in Warrenton that meets next Thursday and I cannot wait to go. I think being with others on this same journey will help me relax. Anyway, I just wanted to say "Hi!" Smiles, Emmi
A10sFrau
on 10/21/06 2:21 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Welcome! I'm sure you will find the support you need both here AND at the Warrenton Support Group meeting! Lois (Going GW shopping with Tigger today!)
Betsy Anitahug
on 10/21/06 3:02 am - Danville, VA
Ok, Lois...I am jealous...I wanna go too....Hehe.. Hugs, Betsy
*~Tigger~ *
on 10/21/06 2:33 am - Staunton, VA
Welcome, Emmi! We're glad to have you on the board and on the losing side! Everyone on here is so great and helpful. Let us know if we can do anything for you! JoAnn
Betsy Anitahug
on 10/21/06 3:01 am - Danville, VA
WELCOME Emmi...This is a great bunch of friends on this board and we love new members!!! Someone will always be able to answer your questions and there is always someone to relate to...it is such a loving group and full of angels... Hugs, Betsy
(deactivated member)
on 10/21/06 7:37 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Hi Emmie - congratulations on making a start on the journey to good health! Support Groups are a wonderful resource as is this board. We also have a Support Group that is starting next month on the 15th in Fredericksburg/Stafford border. More details to follow soon so you are welcome to attend that too! Jackie
Jane M.
on 10/21/06 8:34 am - Williamsburg, VA
Hi Emmi, Welcome To the Board! Were here if you need us. Hugs, Jane
jilldennis
on 10/21/06 9:05 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Emmi - Welcome to the VA Board...this is an awesome place!!! The people here are my second family! We are here for you! ...and CONGRATULATIONS to you!! Hugs! Jill
Anna Bryant
on 10/21/06 11:02 am - Roanoke, VA
Hiyas Emmi, welcome to the VA Board. This is an awesome group of flolks here. Very supportive. Let us know if you need anything. Anna
(deactivated member)
on 10/21/06 9:34 pm
Thanks for the warm welcome. It is nice to have folks close to home to talk with. It has been so cool having people invite me to be their friends. THANKS!!!! I called UVA last night because I was hurting, The resident suggested ibuprofen. It really helped. Funny, the big gun pain reliever did not work as well as something over the counter at any store. Also, she suggested Milk of Magnesia to help with the bloating and to get my system working. I am going to really rest today . . .croche****ch some football. Smiles, Emmi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views