Oprah's Show on Monday

Robin C.
on 10/20/06 6:32 am - Norfolk, VA
Hi All, I just saw an ad for Oprah's show on Monday. It's about women who have had WLS and got more than they expected. One woman is now a binge drinker, drinking more than 10 beers in a night. One woman is 200 pounds lighter and has now cheated on her husband (7 one night stands, 5 with complete strangers), and a celebrity will be telling her story, too (didn't say which celebrity - do you think it is Star Jones? ). I am anxious to see if Oprah tells a balanced story with some success storyies mixed in or if she just focuses on the negative. I am planning to tape it if I'm not able to watch it. Should be interesting... Robin
Christina R.
on 10/20/06 7:06 am - Reston, VA
Robin- Thanks for the heads up! I'll DVR it too! Christina S
(deactivated member)
on 10/20/06 7:12 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
I think the show is Tuesday .. and I just wrote her a letter .. It really upset me .. as not all of us go BUCK WILD .. and trust me .. people who do this more than likely .. and do not flame me here anyone .. but most that do these types of activities are already in some kind of crisis .. this surgery DOES NOT MAKE US ALCOHOLICS OR SEX ADDICTS ... it does however , boost our self esteem .. give us confidence .. and yes some vices are substituted for others .. but this surgery does not cause it .. and that is what she portrayed on the commercial for the upcoming show .. If she does not have anything positive to say about WLS .. I am done with Oprah .. I kicked Dr. Phil out of my house and I will her too .. I am sick of it .. just sick .. sick that everyone blames this surgery on all their problems .. Hell ... I take less meds .. except for this damn tumor .. I have great health .. so what I take more vitamins than most .. or drink more water .. it is all for the good I say .. So .. Oprah .. I hope you come out positve ... she has my email .. I doubt she will respond .. Thanks for letting me rant .. Tink
Sharon Q.
on 10/20/06 11:52 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, YOU GO GIRLY!!! Tell it like it is!!! Love ya!!!!!!!! Sharon
sue baker
on 10/20/06 11:55 am - fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 04/12/06 with
Oprah is just about my favorite person on this Earth, however, even she can make a mistake. I once heard a comment about the "easy way out". Well, let's see if she can correct that misinformation next week. Come on Oprah. The real story is that our lives go on just like every other person. Help us out here. If anyone should know how hard weightloss can be you should. Keep your integrity and the respect from lots of fans *****late to your own bumpy roads in your past.
MomofKate
on 10/22/06 10:47 pm - Brick, NJ
Sue~ My thoughts exactly! Even if Oprah doesn't "get" what we have done or why we would do it, I still love her, we all make mistakes! That's each and every one of us, Oprah is entitled to hers too! I have the utmost respect for Oprah and she helps so many, I don't care if she understands me... I hope that makes sense. Michelle from NJ
H. MC
on 10/22/06 11:12 pm - Arlington, VA
Oprah is not just any person, she said she didn't eat meat, and the meat industry went after her because sales dropped. IMO someone with that kind of power has a responsiblity a duty to choose her words carefully. You considering all the crazy fad diets Oprah has subjected her body to over the years you would think she would appreciate something that works. I don't get it, so what if WLS is the "easy way out" I struggled with the hard way for 15 years to me that entitles me to go the "easy way out". and as far as Cheating and drinking I am with Tink, if you are going to drink and go buck wild it was in your heart long before the surgery. Ok that's my 2 cents worth don't spend it all in one place later Heather
(deactivated member)
on 10/23/06 12:06 am - Fairfax Station, VA
go Heather!!! You tell her, girlfriend. I wish Oprah would be more fair minded about the surgery. But I don't think she is. I know people have tried to get on her show who have a positive outcome, but haven't been able to. How are you? love buck wild donna
H. MC
on 10/23/06 12:25 am - Arlington, VA
Hey Hey Donna Mae!!!! What's up, whatdau say!! I am great, I got about 37 more pounds to go and it seems like it wants to stick around to see what I am going to do next. but I have a plan, I got a pair of real running shoes. I am going to run this last 37 pounds back to Hell!! Or whatever honeybun it came from. I was at Church Sunday and someone called me Skinny Minnie, that was Kewl. How are you?
Robin C.
on 10/24/06 7:37 am - Norfolk, VA
I missed the show. I meant to tape it because I had to go to my daughter's field hockey game and my son's soccer game. Did any one catch it? Was it balanced? Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views