Dr. Moazzez or Dr. Elarany - a little help, please!

LB
on 10/20/06 12:33 am - Northern, VA
Hey, gang! So, I had my surgery in Philly, but live in NoVa. Turns out that's a bit of a problem when one is dealing with complications/gerneral follow up. I'm desperately trying to find a surgeon to follow my long term care. I'm pending with Dr. Moazzez and Dr. Elarany. If anyone has an upcoming apointment with either Doc, I'd REALLY appreciate a good word. I'm looking for something like: "Ya know, Lacey Blue would be an OUTSTANDING patient" or "Ya know that Lacey Blue, she's cool as hell!" Haha...or whatever variation you prefer. Thanks a ton guys! LB BTW, I marked this urgent, because I actually am having some issues and need to see a doc, asap. Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 10/20/06 2:13 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
I have heard - and I don't know how true it is - but from speaking to other patients many WLS doctors are reluctant to take on patients that had another surgeon in case they need surgery - the main reason being their malpractice insurance. I know someone else who has been pending with Dr Moazzez for about 2 months now and still no answer from his office..... Good luck and if your issues are serious you may want to just visit the ER so they can look at you. Jackie
LB
on 10/20/06 2:51 am - Northern, VA
Well, whether they're reluctant or not, I still have to make it happen. Is the person you know (the one pending with Dr. Moazzez) trying to get surgery or trying to get follow up care?
(deactivated member)
on 10/20/06 2:55 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
She is trying to get follow up care..... Jackie
cathya
on 10/20/06 5:48 am - Orlando, FL
Have you asked your Philly doctor to refer you to someone here or asked your insurance to refer you to someone here. It seems to me that if they refer you the receiving doc here would not be so reluctant to take you on. Cathy
LB
on 10/20/06 1:08 pm - Northern, VA
Yup, that was the first thing I did. They didn't seem to happy to hear I was looking for a new doc. I think the exact words were "We have no information on who to refer you to in that area". Funny thing is, I hadn't even told her what area...it was just a bs canned answer. Which is why I'm so desperate to move asap. The doc did a great job, his help just sucks! Oh, insurance won't help because they don't cover the surgery...What a joke. They don't care that I've already had the surgery...I don't get it. Thanks, though...I'm sure things will get worked out, soon.
Kathy & Rich
on 10/20/06 5:55 am - Fairfax, VA
I have a friend that had surgery with Dr. Elariny. She basically hasn't seen him since surgery. He only sees you if you are having surgical type problems. Otherwise you see his assistants. Dr. E is a fine surgeon - do not get me wrong. But since it is aftercare you are looking for - you'll be dealing only with the other staff and not him. Dr. Moazzez wasn't my or Rich's surgeon but he inherited us in the pratice. He takes great aftercare of us. We see him and get to express our concerns. Takes his time. I should say that he has operated on me twice for other things... gallbladder removal and surgery to remove a parathyroid tumor and half of my thyroid. He has taken excellent care of me. Kathy
LB
on 10/20/06 1:11 pm - Northern, VA
Thanks for the heads up on Elariny, Kathy. I'll stop pursing his help. I'm glad to hear Moazzez is so nice, I really hope I can get in to see him soon. I recently hit a year since surgery, but haven't seen a surgeon or gotten blood work done since 6 months out. Thanks!
Kathy & Rich
on 10/20/06 10:06 pm - Fairfax, VA
My PCP does my lab work (Kathleen Curtis). She does what does Moazzez wants and others. She seems to be keeping up on bariatric needs. So, I go to her every 6 months now for my big set of labs. Then when I get a copy back, I go see Dr. M. Everyone then has the scoop on me. Glad you are going to get your labs checked and such. Really important, hon. Kathy
jilldennis
on 10/20/06 11:06 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hey Lacey!!! I will be seeing Dr. Moazzez and Pam (his office mgr) on Monday. I will put in a good word for you! How are you doing???? Hugs! Jill
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views