Suggestions??

Naomi Z.
on 10/19/06 3:31 am - Killeen, TX
OK I went to meet with Dr Hutcher today and he gave me my pre-op diet to follow..He basically handed me the paper and said it's easy just follow whats written.He's right nothing complicated here but ONE thing..I hate Slimfast I drank it so much on other diets it just doesn't agree with me anymore.There is a few others listed like Optisource..(only avaliable online)and carantion instant breakfast which by there site it's not even sold here..hmm ok..any one have any other ideas as what to trade this off with.I was going to call them back and ask but figured why bother them with the small stuff I'll ask the gals. Ohhhh and I lost 11 pds hmm still trying to figure out how and where,the nurse looks at my chart after and goes ohh you dropped a few like it was nothing..I was doing the PARTY
(deactivated member)
on 10/19/06 3:40 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Naomi , You can get carnation Instant breakfast at the grocery store . You will want to get the no sugar added kind . Try also the AES Drinks from Walmart . They are basiclly the same things .. Just make sure there is no sugar added .. or very little sugar . Way to go on the loss .. it only gets better .. Hugs . Tink
A10sFrau
on 10/19/06 4:01 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
I think any of the protein drinks we use (no or very low sugar) would do. Walmart is convenient, as Nat said. GNC carries several types. There are MANY on line. The Vitamin Shoppe carries many also---wish I lived close to it. I conduct raids on Vitamin Shoppe when I have to go to the surgeon's in Richmond. I have a new protein bar I like--Oh Yeah! Chocolate mint. I have only seen them at Vitamin Shoppe--durn! Good luck. Lois
jilldennis
on 10/19/06 7:50 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Cogratulations on the weight loss!!! There are soooo many places out there...I use Wallmart, The Vitamin Shoppe and online places that usually deliver really quick... I have had the best luck with www.ishophere.biz and www.bariatriceating.com Keep up the great work! Hugs! Jill
turtlegirl
on 10/19/06 7:58 am - In the middle of the woods, VA
I did Medifast!
SavanahJ
on 10/22/06 10:19 pm - Richmond, VA
Naomi~ First, congratulations on the weight loss! You're with a good practice and have an excellent surgeon! There are so many protein drinks out there. As has been said, you just need to make sure you select one that doesn't have sugar. I use Champion Pure Whey Stack, which doesn't even have Splenda in it. It took me trying about 15 different protein powders before I found one that didn't make me want to upchuck. Some companies offer samples at a nominal fee. You'll find one that works for you. Savanah
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views