Update on Drs appt!!

Shanana
on 10/19/06 9:22 pm - Altavista, VA
Spoke w/ dr yesterday. Thanks for all the support. Tried to post last night but was im'd by so many checking on me I could not keep up. He thinks the small intestine bacerial overgrowth is alot of the problem. I also had IBS prior to surgery. Stress is really irritating this. I have to learn a balance w/ fiber therapy and immodium. He is going to do a small bowel series and upper gi nov 9 just as a precautionary measure. Does not think he will find anything. Just want to be sure. Had a decent day w/ stomach yesterday but never know how long it will last. He did say that from last small bowel series I had a rapid transit time thru my small intestine even for a gb patient. Also that the psychological changes after surgery and hard on people and there families and I can def attest to that. Thanks again for all the support. Keep me in your prayers. Shannon
A10sFrau
on 10/19/06 10:34 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Have a calm, peaceful, Spirit-filled day! Smooch, Lois
prissy25
on 10/19/06 11:55 pm - Barboursville, VA
Hang in there your day will come God is on your say prayers going up for you...
Chyanne2u
on 10/20/06 1:39 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Shannon, Nothing but good thoughts and lots of prayers coming your way. Calm yourself and try to heal. Lots of Love Kathy
Betsy Anitahug
on 10/20/06 9:27 pm - Danville, VA
Hey Sweetie...I hope you are on the road to recovery very soon. I think about you often and you are always in my prayers. Keep up the great work and I love ya. Hugs, Betsy
Scarlette V.
on 10/26/06 7:16 am - Charlottesville, VA
I hope you can find an answer for your stomach problems. I know it can be really frustrating and exhausting to have stomach problems. I had severe stomach pain for 2 1/2 months. ER visit, 8 dr appt , xrays and 2 CT scans and no one could figure it out. I really started to think it was all in my head and started to doubt myself. Dr Schirmer did an exploratory last Friday and I had adhesions and some problem with a stitch that had come loose because of my weight loss and was causing my intestines to twist around it and causing blockages. Keep your chin up. It may take time, but they will figure it out eventually. Psychologically I'm a mess. I was not prepared for that part at all and I don't really have anybody *****ally understands.Take care and good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views