Vitamins???

divajones
on 10/18/06 10:03 am
I was taking Vita4Life but ran out. did not want to order online, can anyone recommend a good over the counter vitamin for bariatric patients?
A10sFrau
on 10/18/06 1:26 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
I use el cheapo Equate w/iron from Walmart. I take 2 every morning and have been in excellent health since surgery in January. My surgeon and nutritionists approve of them and they are very reasonably priced. JMHO. Lois
divajones
on 10/19/06 1:10 pm
thanks so much lois, i appreciate your advice. will try Walmart tomorrow morning. blessings, and continued good health! Diva
hollydecarlo
on 10/18/06 8:16 pm - hopewell, VA
hello diva, i take the prenatal vitamins with iron the wally world brand. and there not that expensive.. takecare, Holly
divajones
on 10/19/06 1:11 pm
thanks for the advice! continued good health Diva
(deactivated member)
on 10/18/06 8:59 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
The best MULTI vitamin is the one you'll remember to take, not the most expensive nor the most frugall, just the one you pop in your mouth on a daily basis. Ive been taking a hodge podge of script vitamins and over the counter (Walmart, Target, etc) type vitamins for FOUR years now - absolutely NO problems with my labs. Keep in mind, most of us, if not all, will show NO PROBLEMS during the first year of your journey. Our bodies have plenty enough 'stores' of vitamins and it takes the human body awhile to actually deplete them. So, that being said, and me at 4 years out, I think that's proof positive that as long as you TAKE your vitamin you can stay healthy. Are you military? IF so, talk to your PCP about scriptin' your vitamins. I get my PreNatal, my B-12's and my Trinsicon (Iron) via a script from the doc, at no cost. Ive been doing mine that way since my surgery, 4 years ago (at no cost). Also, the only SPECIFIC type of vitamin I would highly suggest you take (and research should back this statement up) ...is your CALCIUM. That should be taken in CITRATE form, any other form out there is hard for a 'regular' system to absorb so it's damn near impossible for our rerouted systems. If you have a membership with Costco or Sams, they have the large bottles (I think with 400 in each) for about $8. Very cheap, but very absorbable (er, is that a word?). Good luck to you - Lei
divajones
on 10/19/06 1:22 pm
thank you lei! i appreciate your advice, will visit walmart and BJ's wholesale club tomorrow and see what i can find, a couple of folks already reccomended the prenatal vitamins along with an extra iron supplement. will try this A.S.A.P.! have started a regular routine of taking the calcium before i go to bed about an hour after dinner. the multivitamins i try to take in the am after breakfast to get it over with, unfortunately i forget half the time :o) Anywho, thanks again...good luck and continued good health! Diva
Naomi Z.
on 10/19/06 10:42 pm - Killeen, TX
Hmmm I didn't think about that..Wonder if my PCP would do scripts for me as well so I can have da military pay for dem and save some money..Im not sure how "much" she knows about this surgrey though and what I can or can not have..as in what to give me..lol..Worth a try..thanks for this info Naomi
Jane M.
on 10/18/06 10:08 pm - Williamsburg, VA
I take 2 pre-natals a day. Generic form either from Walmart or Walgreens. My labs were great from these. Wallgreens also makes a bariatric vitamin but you usually have to either order it through their pharmacy or online. The pre-natals are cheap, work and are relatively inexpensive for the amount of vitamins you get. Jane
divajones
on 10/19/06 1:24 pm
thanks jane, i appreciate the advice, i'm on my way tomorrow to walmart, target and bj's wholesale to see what i can find. take care and continued good health to you. Diva
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views