Still in shock!

turtlegirl
on 10/17/06 11:48 pm - In the middle of the woods, VA
My ihsurance co. approved both my breast reduction and TT!!! I am so grateful, so happy, so excited! I know my many prayers were heard, because this is truly a miracle! Doing the happy !!!!! Crystal
hollydecarlo
on 10/18/06 12:07 am - hopewell, VA
crystal, who is your ins. ? and how did you get apprvd?? i am currently about to start that faze myself.. take care hugs, holly
(deactivated member)
on 10/18/06 12:16 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
That is wonderful - I want to know who your insurance company is too?? Please.... Jackie
turtlegirl
on 10/18/06 1:17 am - In the middle of the woods, VA
Hey Holly and Jackie, I have BCBS. I got the criteria for each procedure faxed to me from the insurance company, then made copies for 3 different doctors who wrote letters of medical necessity for me, tailored to the criteria. (It was all true, but they used specific terminology that related to the requirements). I did the same thing when I was trying to get approved for the WLS. It took 2 weeks exactly for the approvals. Even my PS wasn't sure about the TT - although she thought the BR would probably be covered. It took some time to get everything gathered from three busy doctors, but it was worth taking the info to them, calling with nice little reminders, and trying to be patient to submit my claim until "everything" was together in one nice package. And now I am ordering them each gifts as a thank you - and even that seems trivial compared to the changes that have and will occur in my life due to their support. I wish you both luck!! Every insurance company and their requirements are different. But I would say do your homework, be patient, and be thorough. Crystal
hollydecarlo
on 10/18/06 10:38 am - hopewell, VA
Crystal, i also have bc/bs anthem to be exact. you called them for the info on what they need???? what are you having done??? holly
turtlegirl
on 10/19/06 7:45 am - In the middle of the woods, VA
Hi Holly, I called them and asked what their criteria was for the breast reduction and abdominoplasty or panniculectomy. After reading it to me - and it was quite lengthy and involved mathematical equations (at least for the breasts), the lady said she'd just FAX it to me so that I could read it myself. And that was what gave me the idea to make a copy for each doctor, and for the plastic surgeon so everyone was aware and on board. She also FAXED me the prior authorization form they need filled out by the plastic surgeon to help expedite the process. It seems so simple, but it all came together beautifully. I hope you can get things to go as smoothly! Crystal
Anna Bryant
on 10/18/06 9:11 am - Roanoke, VA
That is so awesome Crystal!! Wow and again wow. Just wishful thinking on my part but was it federal....hehe Jacqie you should appreciate that one...lol. I am doing the happy dance for you too. When are you getting it done? Anna
A10sFrau
on 10/18/06 9:25 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Congratulations, Crystal!! Lois
turtlegirl
on 10/19/06 7:48 am - In the middle of the woods, VA
Thanks Anna and Lois!!! And no, it's not federal!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views