AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Susan E.
on 10/17/06 10:13 am - Purcellville, VA
Awwwww, thats awful news. You and Jon have had a tough year, with his arm, your foot and now your shoulder, that just stinks. I am sorry to hear you have to put your cruise on hold. Poohey. But on the upside, I know you both must be getting excited about his upcoming surgery. Miss ya, Susan
Anna Bryant
on 10/17/06 10:48 am - Roanoke, VA
Awww so sorry to hear that Jill. That really bites. I'm with the others is there no way you can do the surgery after the cruise....wow what huge bummer. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. ((hugs)) Anna
Christine Hood
on 10/17/06 8:02 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Hi Jill, I'm sorry to hear about your shoulder and your cruise being messed up . Myy thoughts are with you...feel better Christine
(deactivated member)
on 10/17/06 8:49 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Jill I'm SO SORRY to hear of your news - I just got back from a Cruise (my first one, but not the last, for sure) ...and I understand the disappointment that must come with having to cancel this trip. I'm sure you've already tried to think around all the corners to still make it happen. Is there anyway the doc can give you a mild pain pill to take the edge off, and maybe a sling of some sort to help set the shoulder temporarily? If not, will you at least be able to get your money back? I know most cruises FIRM up the deal within 30 days of debarking. I certainly hope your disappointment is NOT compounded by losing the money already put down on the cruise. Hang in there sweety - hopefully this is the LAST of the surgeries for both you and Jon *** after his WLS, of course) and 2007 is full of health, life, fun, smiles and getting out there and LIVING it, together. Hugs - Lei
cathya
on 10/18/06 2:54 am - Orlando, FL
I did not have a full tear, just a partial and the spurs to remove in the joint. I have a fairly high tolerance to pain so I gave up the sling on the 2nd day and put a waterproof bandage on the 2 1/2 in incisions and got in the warm shower and worked the arm as much as I could to keep it limber. You put you hand out as far as you can and walk you arm up the wall of the shower as much as you can. The warm water helps loosen the shoulder muscles. I did that several times a day and got off the pain meds by the 3rd day. I could have gone back to work on the 5th day, but that was a Saturday so I waited till Monday. I was driving by the 4th day. It still aches or thobs a little, but not enough to keep me from doing anything sensable considering I just had surgery. I'm not going rock climbing. What does your doctor say? CathyA
jilldennis
on 10/18/06 1:22 pm - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Thanks Cathy! My doctor (Keith Lawhorn @ Inova Fair Oaks) says 4 - 6 weeks immobilized because of the full tear...but he said the first 2-3 days are the worse - and I should be good to go to Hawaii - just now scuba diving...so...since I did have that as one of our shore excursions - I have a phone all into NCL to change that. I figured if it hurts to bad once I get to Hawaii - they can plop my butt in a chaise lounge on the deck with some pain meds and I will be a happy camper with a good tan when I get back to VA. Works for me!!! I am glad you are doing so well - that's very encouraging for me! Thanks! Hugs Jill
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views