AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

jilldennis
on 10/17/06 4:26 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
I am so upset...I just want to cry. I think I'm going to have a pitty party!!! I just got back from the surgeon for my shoulder. I have a full tear in one the tendons that make up the rotator cuff....so to make a long story short...I have surgery on October 24th and we don't get to go on the OH Hawaii Cruise!!!! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!! - I have looked forward to this cruise for nine months!!!! Thanks for letting me vent...I guess the Richmond get together will be my coming out party! Hugs to all! Jill
(deactivated member)
on 10/17/06 4:40 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
oh Jill NO!!!! Is there no way you can still do it? What date is the OH Hawaii cruise? I am so sorry if you have to miss it........... I hope your shoulder gets better soon and that surgery is not too painful for you.... Jackie
cathya
on 10/17/06 4:55 am - Orlando, FL
Jill, I just had that surgery on Oct 9th. I actually tore the tendon almost a year ago and worked with the PT folks and had shots to try to avoid the surgery. Can't you postpone the surgery for a month? If you can deal with the pain and be careful, why miss the trip? CathyA
(deactivated member)
on 10/17/06 7:26 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
How are you feeling since surgery Cathy? For some reason I thought you were having it this week - I am so bad with time related things...... hope you are doing okay...and getting ready for our trip out next week!!! Jackie
cathya
on 10/17/06 9:39 am - Orlando, FL
I'm doing great now. The first couple of days were tough, but I'm getting more mobility every day. I go back to work tomorrow. I'm not totally pain free, but tylenol fixees it. CathyA
jilldennis
on 10/18/06 2:16 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Cathy... Thanks for the encouragement...I have been in constant pain since October 1....so I know I can deal with the pain...I was just worried about how the pain level would be after the surgery. My tendon is a "full tear" and the surgeon says there is also a bone spur and some debris he is going to "clean up". So...with you now being 9 days out...how do you feel compared to before surgery? I will be 9 days out the day we fly to Hawaii. I know getting there will probably be long...and a little tough...but the benefits I believe far exceed anything else...rest and recovery in Hawaii....YEAH!!! Thanks! Hugs! Jill
A10sFrau
on 10/17/06 6:55 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
I am sorry to hear that, Jill. I had a big diappointment like that back in 2005. i had a trailer space paid for at Sturgis and all the people and plans made up--school brought us back to work a week early--after I had paid for the camping space. Maybe we'll get their one year--our cruise and rally! Lois
jilldennis
on 10/18/06 1:44 pm - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Lois...next year 2 of my girlfriends and I are planning on taking a long week-end trip somewhere on the motorcycles...you will have to join us! Talk to you soon! Hugs Jill
A10sFrau
on 10/18/06 1:57 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Count me in on the long ride! Lois
Jane M.
on 10/17/06 8:15 am - Williamsburg, VA
Oh Jill, I'm so sorry. Rotator cuff surgery is the worst too. I had mine worked on about 5 years ago. I couldn't do anything and since I'm righthanded, I had to learn to do everything with the left for awhile. hat sucks about the cruise. Couldn't they wait until after the cruise? or is it that bad. hugs, Jane
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views