A Re introduction from Cindy (brady)Jones

bradygirl
on 10/18/06 1:36 pm - Virgina Beach, VA
Jackie, Look at you go! I looked at your pictures and you look fantastic too! Your little boy is adorable. Thank you for your supportive words. I am gathering a list of questios that I may ask you all from time to time. I have a feeling December will be here before I know it. Thanks again, and keep up the great work! Cindy
(deactivated member)
on 10/18/06 9:48 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Thanks Cindy - it takes time to see yourself as others see you but I do feel so much better than before. I can run upstairs now and not feel like I am dying when I get to the top and today I was so thrilled because I put medium sweatpants on for the first time - me in a medium??!! I was so thrilled that they fitted me!! I will probably strutt into the gym today lol!! Before you know it these things will happen to you! Jackie
A10sFrau
on 10/17/06 6:46 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Thank you for the compliment, Cindy, and welcome back. Congratulations on completing your program and getting yourself a date! Soon you will feel as terrific as I do! Lois
bradygirl
on 10/18/06 1:38 pm - Virgina Beach, VA
Thanks Lois, You are glowing in that picture. If I remember rightly, you are the motorcycle mama right? How is that going right now? Thanks for writing. I sure hope I have that glowing look instead of ( can I hide behind this tree so they can't get that in the picture look). Thanks again! Cindy
A10sFrau
on 10/19/06 8:31 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
I live to ride, hike, garden and take care of my dogs . I was cutting up with Stacy Anderson for the camera in that picture. When I figure out the dad-blamed new system I am going to post the most terrible picture of me . Betsy sent it to me right after the last MnG. It will make a good before and after comparison. You, too, will have the glow! Lois
Jane M.
on 10/17/06 8:18 am - Williamsburg, VA
How lucky for you Cindy, A new year, a new you. Life the first month sucks. I won't beat around the bush. Recovering from surgery nd eating in a new way and missing your best friend food makes it tough. But everyday it get easier and easier and soon you'll be enjoying life better than ever. Hugs, Jane
bradygirl
on 10/18/06 1:47 pm - Virgina Beach, VA
Jane, i truly appreciate your honsety. I have been trying even now to just take water with me to school or in the car or when I am studying etc. I found my self eatting when I wasn't even hungry like in the above mentioned activities. Like now I am hungry. Oy. Thanks again, and I look forward to "talking " to you soon. Cindy
(deactivated member)
on 10/17/06 9:02 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Cindy, Woooohooooo - having a SURGERY date makes it so much more REAL, doesn't it? Talk about a fantastic Holiday Present for both yourself and your family, because they will enjoy all the positives that comes with your new health and life, too. Congratulations Cindy - hopefully this is just the first of many wonderful and exciting moments for you as you make the journey towards health. I have NEVER regretted one day of mine, in the last 4 years, yep, even when I'm praying to the porcelain goddess, which still happens (infrequently). I still wake up every morning, thankful, happy, blessed and SMILING. Life truly is WONDERFUL! Hugs - Lei
bradygirl
on 10/18/06 1:59 pm - Virgina Beach, VA
Lei, I thank you again. I was looking at your photo strip( Girl , you truly live life to the fullest) and I saw that you refered to Hawaii as home. Did you know any body affected by the earthquake? We were just in Kona last Spring, and I do believe that I cried when we left. I may get to go to Oahau in the Spring, but I don't know how life is going to be that soon after by pass. Anyways, you are smililng in every picture, something that I don't do unless my children or alcohol or both are present!:-) I look forward to meeting you all soon. Thank you , and you look hot too! Cindy
(deactivated member)
on 10/18/06 10:42 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Cindy, Yes, pretty much ALL of my immediate family still lives on the islands, most of them are on Oahu and Kauai. Unfortnately, my sister and her husband live on the Big Island, in Kailua-Kona, where the worst of the quake hit. They are FINE, a bit shaken (okay, a lot shaken) but as whole, they're fine. Just a few cuts, bumps and bruises to my sister from falling debri in the house. She was the ONLY one home at the time, her hubby and his brother were out on the water, Jet Skiing, and never felt a THING. They were watching the shoreline and saw the dust and smoke from fallen debri, but thought it was small fires. My sis said it was the most terrifying experience she'd ever been through. She tried to get out of the house, but was thrown to the ground three times before she gave up and grabbed the cushions from the couch to try to cover herself. It shook the house bad enough that it emptied her entire kitchen of it's dishes and all the spare rooms were equally affected. She rec'd small cuts on her back, shoulders and right arm but thankfully only two required stitches. Not a matching set of dishes, china, or crystal survived and she started to get emotional when she started talking about her antiques that were also destroyed. Lord knows, I understood the sadness in her voice, but I was so thrilled to know she was "okay" after 2 days of NO phone contact. Not knowing is very very difficult, especially with an over-active imagination, like mine. Her biggest concern during the earthquake and tremors that followed, was for her husband out on the water. She knew from past experience that MOST earthquakes spawn Tsunami's and just knew he'd been swallowed up by the tidal wave. Thankfully, 4 long hours later they were reunited, let the love'n and tears start flowing, huh? I know in the grand scheme of it all, the damage, bruises, cuts, etc, is SMALL stuff - but I also understood the ongoing fear and heartbreak in her voice and had a lot of empathy for her. Thanks for asking, lol, bet you didn't expect such a looooooooooong reply, huh? I never was the type that could just reply with a "yes" or a "no".
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views