Support Group Meetings in Fairfax, Lorton, Alexandria, Arlington area

MO Bay
on 10/12/06 7:19 am - Somewhere Over The Rainbow, VA
I was wondering if there were any WLS support groups in any of these areas? I am in my 3rd month with my nutrionist and I wanted to prepare myself by talking with some people that have been through what I am about to go through. Is there anyone that has had Dr Lin at GW Hospital as there surgeon? He will be performing my surgery. Thanks Advance.... Montego
Kathy & Rich
on 10/12/06 7:32 am - Fairfax, VA
Donna Mae who posts to this board was a Kaiser patient and had her surgery with Dr. Lin at GW. She is just over 1 year post-op now and is doing fabulous. She just had knee replacement surgery but hopefully she'll pop on here and say hello. There are a few support groups locally. There are 2 at Fair Oaks Hospital. They are open to all. One is usually the first Monday of the month and one on the third Monday of the month. They are held at 6:30 pm here: Fair Oaks Medical Plaza building (located next to the hospital) 3700 Joseph Siewick Dr., Fairfax, VA. Auditorium The other support group is the 3rd Saturday of the month at Panera by Fairfax Town Center at 10:30 am. The group is via a yahoogroup. You can email the following address to join the group: [email protected] Roberta who leads that group is on here as well and I'm sure she'll pop in and say hello. Those are the groups I'm familiar with in the area right now. Welcome! Kathy
cathya
on 10/12/06 11:35 am - Orlando, FL
Hi, I'm a Kaiser patient too. I had Dr Brody at GWU. I think Dr Lin is probably better. Since Kaiser doesn't think we are worth a support group, INOVA has been great and invited us to come to theirs. The 1st or 3rd Monday groups are both run by nutritionist and you will benefit greatly. email me off line if you want more Kaiser info CathyA
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views