Darn Cold...

pse3026
on 10/12/06 5:17 am - Southside, VA
Has anyone ever heard of anyone that had their surgery postponed because of a cold or cough. My surgery is scheduled for one week from today and I feel horrible. I have got an awful cough and a slightly stuffy nose...but thankfully no fever. I guess I will call the Dr.'s office on Tuesday if things are no better and see what the plan is. I am really bummed about this.
Kathy & Rich
on 10/12/06 7:34 am - Fairfax, VA
Yes, I've heard of surgeries postponed due to illness. I'd call the surgeons office tomorrow and perhaps they'll give you an antibiotic or something to make sure you are in good shape next week. Good luck, Kathy
nitabean
on 10/12/06 7:35 am - Hampton, VA
1 word for you..........ZICAM!! I know this stuff works great and i am sure it is ok for before surgery....might want to call your doctor on that first.
Christine Hood
on 10/12/06 7:55 am - Fort Eustis, VA
I got sniffly a couple weeks before my surgery but I ran to my PCP and got some drugs to get rid of the bugs! Good Luck! Christine
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/06 9:43 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
I had a slight cold and the bigget cold sore in the world on my lip just before surgery. My doctor gave me stuff for my cold and creme for my cold sore and they still operated. I think as long as the cold is not giving you breathing or chest problems they will still go ahead. But do go to your doctor to get some medication to help your symptoms.... good luck! I would have been so bummed if they had changed my date so I know how you feel...... Jackie
(deactivated member)
on 10/15/06 6:10 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Hi I was wondering how your cold was doing and if you were feeling better......... I know you only have a couple of days before surgery now... Jackie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views