New Here....

KeliS
on 10/12/06 12:40 am - VA
Hi everyone... I just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Newport News and will be having Lap RNY with Dr. Terracina on 16 Oct... that is only 4 DAYS away! I am so nervous and excited!!! I have been lurking for a while and I have to say that this is a wonderful place for support and I am so glad I found you all. I am 28 and have 2 children and a very supportive husband. I can't wait to be on the losing side... Is it normal to have last minute rethinks...like major jitters?
Christina R.
on 10/12/06 12:43 am - Reston, VA
Keli- Welcome! Glad you decided to start posting and come out of lurking-land. I know I had some last minute rethinks and jitters. I think it's normal to have those thoughts anytime you do something that will dramatically change your life (this time for the good!). Hang in there and before you know it you'll be on the loser's bench with us celebrating! Christina S
CeiliKid
on 10/12/06 12:46 am
Hi Keli, Good luck to you, I'm fairly new myself, still hoping to have surgery. Oct. 16th is my first appt. with my doctor, so I'll be thinking of you on that day! We are the same age, I live near Richmond now but used to live at the beach. My hubby's grandma lives in Newport News.
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/06 1:06 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Hey Keli , Welcome to the boards ... you will not find any other place that is more supportive . Congrats on your surgery .. I know you are excited .. this is just the begining . And yes it is very normal to have the jitters .. we all go through it . Just keep focused and start preparing now . There are so many things you can do to pass the time that will benefit you . If you want , I have some literature I can send you ... Email me ... at [email protected] Take care .. and best wishes to you , Natalie
Kelli
on 10/12/06 2:13 am - Portsmouth, VA
Hey Keli!! Welcome to the board. This is a wonderful place to come to make friends that understand and can give support. I have a question for you. Did you go to WLSC support group meeting last nite at Careplex. You look like a young lady I saw there last nite. If you have any questions or just want to talk please feel free to contact me. Love, Kelli
KeliS
on 10/12/06 2:40 am - VA
YES! I was at the support group last night. I thought your picture looked familiar. You were at the table talking to Susie when I was leaving I think. You look AMAZING! So awesome to see a familar face. I have last minute jitters but I know in my heart this the right thing.
Kelli
on 10/12/06 3:27 am - Portsmouth, VA
Yep, that was me talking to Susie!! I try to talk to as many people as possible but last nite I was feeling crappy. alergies and all. So, I didnt stay as long as I usually do. Please feel free to email me and we can talk. I try to visit "loosers" in the hospital also, so if it is alright I would love to come visit ya. My email is [email protected] Let me know if I can be of any help. Love, Kelli
nitabean
on 10/12/06 7:26 am - Hampton, VA
i was at the support group last night and dont remember seeing anyone..... I was a little overwhelmed ... I wanted to make friends but felt like I was going to bust out in tears so afterwards I just left. My surgery is on Monday too!!! I am trying not to get too excited or too "OMG what am I doing". Like you in my heart I know i am doing the right thing. I have one more day of work stress to deal with then I can really relax and go with the flow! My friend that had the surgery couple months ago was there w/ me but had to leave early due to baby sitting issues. What time Monday is your surgery?? Mine is 9:50 AM w/ Dr. CLark. How long are the lap band patients in the hospital?? I know I can anticipate at least 2 days.Hope everyone doesnt hold my stand offish ness against me for the next meeting!! I will be on the losing side by the time the next one comes around!!
A10sFrau
on 10/12/06 1:50 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Good luck and hugs...from the mountains. Lois
Sporty Jill
on 10/12/06 2:44 am - Norfolk, VA
You were there???? I was going to go but decided against it. If I had known you were going to be there, I would have gone. Let me know if you're going next month. Should be helpful with the holidays coming and all. DRATS!!!!! Jill 263/148/145 (my goal)/135 (Doc's goal and I may just get there!)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views