looking for some input

Robert Mastrianna
on 10/10/06 12:15 pm - Norwalk, CT
Hello all you wonderful Virginians. . . I have a good friend that is in the beginning of her WLS journey. She has been to see the docs from Richmond Surgical Group, Dr's. Brengman and Schroeder. I wondered if any of you would volunteer some info to me about your docs? Want the info for me, don't see very much info online about these docs and wondered how they are and what their atercare is like. Thans alot for the information I appreciate your help. PS I used to live in Waynesboro, I'm here visiting. I so want to move back!!! All the best, Bob
A10sFrau
on 10/10/06 5:28 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
I drove from western VA to Dr. Kellum at MCV. He is great as are his two surgical fellows. His nurse educator has developed a wonderful pt. education program. His nurse practioner is very informed and has taken care of everything I asked about immediately. I have wonderful follow-up care, including nutritionist couseling for life. If you search "bariatric surgery" and "MCV" you will find quite a bit of info about their program. There is a mandatory class prior to surgery, and a book produced by all the professionals in the program. They also have a support group that meets at MCV monthly. Good luck to your friend, Lois
Chyanne2u
on 10/11/06 6:08 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Bob, I was first referred to Dr. Schroeder way back in June of 2005. I went for my first consultation and was told that they would submit the paper work and be back with me in a couple of weeks. When I called they would tell me they would be in touch when they knew something. Four months later I found that my paperwork (as they said) fell through the crack. Somehow it was misplaced and never filed with my insurance company. When they did file it they used the wrong code and it was denied because they filed it as a lap band instead of gastric bypass. Then again it was filed the same way. Finally it was filed again and it was denied yet again due to incomplete paperwork. At this point I changed doctors. I contacted Commonwealth Surgeons and it was like night & day. As soon as I told them what my insurance was, I was told exactly what I needed to do in order to get an approval. My insurance required a 6 month medically supervised diet and if I had known that when I first went to Richmond Surgical Group I would have been well on my way. Since this happened to me personally I don't have anything good to say about the office there. That's not to say the doctor isn't good...I can't comment on that because I never got there far. Once I got with Commonwealth Surgeons I knew I was in the right place. Their office runs like a well oiled machine and everyone is so well informed and really care about YOU as the patient. Dr. Hutcher did my surgery and I have nothing but good things to say about him. I am only relating my experience and this isn't to sway you or your friend one way or the other. I just thought it was my duty to let you know I had a negative experience there. Hope this information helps. Lots of Love Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views