Remembering ...

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/06 9:59 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Do you all remember why you came to OH ? What brought you here ? I so remember coming to OH to learn more about my surgery and to see just what that thang called Gastric Bypass surgery was .. and along the way I met some really great people ... got some really good advice ... lost 200 pounds .. and still here ... I have ventured out to other sites ... and I never forget my home here at OH ... Many people come and go ... some read as lurkers .. some leave due to other reasons... but for me .. I know this is where I got my start .. my home and if I ever felt slighted .. or hurt by someone elses responces here or on any other boards .. I keep coming back ... We all have our perceptions .. our opinions .. our controversy .. but I ask you ... Do you ever feel like you want to share .. but hesitant .. or reluctant ... that was me 2.5 years ago .. but I soon got over that as I became more vested in the friends I have here ... and my contributions to those sitting there struggling out way any words .. or negitive comments I may get . We all have valuable information to share .. and you should .. no one should ever feel compeled to leave .. and if you do leave .. I hope you do lurk .. atleast you are here .. and getting something out of this site ... I challenge each and everyone of you to reach out .. to share your story .. as each of you have a story to tell .. while we all have the basic same surgery .. some different types .. you all have something to contribute ... and I challenge you to find your niche... and help others here .. OH is changing .. its forums are getting better and better design .. we are about to get new blogging features .. and they are exciting .. I do not have long left to post as I will be MIA for a while in the hospital .. so if you see me on and a posting .. it is because I just can not get enough of you all !! Take care .. Natalie
Sharon Q.
on 10/9/06 10:42 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
Hey baby!!!!!!!!! Happy Tuesday!!! Great post, you are so inspirational, and help us so much to stay focused!!! LOVE YOU NAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When will you be in the hospital? Which one will you be in?? I hope it all turns out with that positive spin I've been praying for!!! XOOXOXOOXOXOOXOXOXOX Sharon
(deactivated member)
on 10/10/06 8:21 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Itz cuz I love ya .... thank you Sharon for any prayers you can give .. I will be fine .. and back atem for no time .. Take care ... Nat
cathya
on 10/9/06 11:20 pm - Orlando, FL
Nat Great sentiment. When you are in the hospital can we come and visit? CathyA
(deactivated member)
on 10/10/06 8:22 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Yes mam you can come visit . I will send you the address to the hospital soon . Take care , Nat
Chyanne2u
on 10/10/06 12:46 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Natalie, I remember coming here looking for something but not really knowing what it was. I was actually on the first surgeon I saw website looking for information about him. (Note...he didn't do my surgery) I found this link to OH and it was the best thing I ever found. When I realized I could talk to people who had gone before me, meet real true to life people who were living the lifestyle, see the success of others who had the surgery.....I was blown away. I didn't post on the board at first. I just popped in and lurked as most of you did. I did a search of people who lived in my area and that's when I found my "TINK". I didn't know you and you didn't know me but when I reached out you reached right back 150% and I knew I had found a friend for life. I was so amazed at the love and support you showed me and I was a long ways from having the surgery. Everyone here on the board supported me through my year of denials, my ups & downs and believe me there were lots of thoses....mostly downs. So many times I felt like just giving up....but thanks to all of you I didn't. A special thanks to my mentor and dear friend Natalie (aka Tink) because you never gave up on me. Even when I had given up on me, when I thought I couldn't fight one more day...you were there with support and encourgement constantly telling me that it would happen, I just had to hang in there and not to give up. Well that advice paid off on July 3, 2006 when I finally got my dream come true. My surgery date. Was it a rough road, yes! Was it a long road, yes! Was it worth it, A thousand times YES!!! I have regained my life and I know it's only going to get better from here on out. A special heart felt THANKS to everyone who helped me along the way. And to all of you who are struggling now with the waiting, the doctor's appointments, all the test, psych exams, insurance companies difficult rules. Don't give up!!! Hang in there and one day soon your dream with come true too. If there is ever anything I can do to help you along your way, please don't hesitate to call on me. I want to be the kind of inspiration to others that you've been to me. Lots of Love Kathy -63 lbs
(deactivated member)
on 10/10/06 8:23 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
And look at you now .. you are doing so well ... and so very proud of you . Just pay it forward . ... that is my motto ... Love ya and talk to you soon . Nat
Kathleen L.
on 10/10/06 10:49 am - Arlington, VA
Tink, I wanted to tell you that you are very inspirational to me. You were the first profile that I read when I first joined here. Good luck with your surgery.
(deactivated member)
on 10/10/06 8:24 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Thank you Jasmine ... I hope it helped you by reading it . There are so many great journeys here ... Big HUgs to you .. Nat
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views