Can't STOP losing!!

Jackie H.
on 10/9/06 2:43 am - Hampton Roads Area, VA
Well, I never thought I'd be saying this, but I believe to need to gain some weight!! I met with my surgeon last thursday and boy was he NOT happy! I weighed in at 119 pounds and he about flipped! I showed him my food journal and we discussed it at length. I am eating within the ranges he has set up, but I keep losing. He told me to increase my calories to 2000 a day for 2 weeks to see if I gain anything. The problem is...I have about 15-20 pounds of skin so he said that I actually weigh closer to 100 pounds and that is very UNHEALTHY! My Labs are great, my eating is fine, so what is going on? My size 4's are getting way too big and everyone tells me that I'm taking this weight loss to the extreme. I just don't know how to stop the weight loss. I've tried getting in 2000 calories, but I just can't eat that much, so what's a girl to do??? Any help or suggestions?
Kathy & Rich
on 10/9/06 3:11 am - Fairfax, VA
How often are you eating a day? How many meals? Snacks? Protein supplements? If you do protein supplements, use milk instead of water. Add fruit in there. Do things to bump up the calories. Foods like cheeses are protein but also have a decent amount of calories. One ounce of hard cheese is usually 100 calories. That can help bounce things up. Good luck, Kathy
Jackie H.
on 10/9/06 5:44 am - Hampton Roads Area, VA
Thanks Kathy for all the great suggestions! I eat 5 or 6 small meals a day and get in about 100 grams of protein a day. My dr. doesn't want me to get in anymore than that. I think that part of my problem is that I don't tolerate Carbs at all unlees it's in the form a green veggies. I can't do rice, potatoes, pasta, breads, nothing like that. Thanks again for the suggestions!!
Ernurse323
on 10/9/06 7:41 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Wow.... You really make us girls who are STILL chubby throw evil looks and grind our teeth !!! Just kidding.. Dr Clark orders our basic labs. But could your thyroid be in overdrive? Maybe you should be checked for hyperthyroidism. If you are taking in that amount of calories and still losing, it kind of makes ya wonder.. Stranger things have happened. Good Luck..I know you are patiently awaiting plastics !! Hugs, Dana
(deactivated member)
on 10/9/06 8:23 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Yepper .. I went through this as well . I got down really low ... lot's of people where saying I was to thin ... and some still do .. Keep in mind even though you are eating .. if you are exercising .. and I was .. religously .. cardio is my passion .. the weight will continue to come off . You need to possibly change your exercise routine ..as well as adjust your calories . I eat tiny meals through out the day .. and I added nuts ... this seems to keep my weight stable ... But the minute I go running or do any type of cardio .. I have to watch the scales .. I teeter in my sizes ... 3, 4's and have gotten into some 1's ... now that is scary . Just follow your docs orders .. add some good easy foods like nuts or beans .. Best wishes.. Nat
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views