Need HELP!

cdhardison
on 10/9/06 12:17 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 08/29/06 with
Hello all, I am only 6 week post-op as of tomorrow and I am starting to gain some weight back. Once I reached my 4th week I had lost 35 lbs and now I have gained 3 lbs. I don't know what to do. So I am turning to you all for help! I am still on soft foods, I'm on that for another 2 weeks. Any suggestion will be greatly apperciated. Thanks for all your help!
Julie R.
on 10/9/06 12:47 am - Belspring, VA
First of all, it will be ok & you are perfectly NORMAL!!! Just stick to your surgeon's recommendations and get in your walking; you will be fine & the weight will come back off. We started out at practically the same level (5'3 & 237 pounds). I had the same thing happen my third week, but the weight was gone the next week. Your body is just trying to adjust. Be prepared, it will happen again!!! The worst for me was at 4.5 to 6mths, I pretty much stopped losing, and internally worried that I was done. Well, the pounds are shedding off again; I'm now down to 161 & actually in some size 12 pants and medium shirts. Just remember that you are doing great! There is no need to stress over this gain; your body will normalize and you will be shedding the pounds again before you know it. Also, try to remember that we didn't have as much to lose as many people on this board, so please try not to compare your weightloss to others. If it makes you feel better, you are down further that I was at 6 weeks, and I still think I was doing great! Almost everyone has this happen and the typical response is to freak out a little. That's why we are here Try to enjoy the ride! Get out there and get moving if you aren't already. If you have been excercising that could be another reason for the gain (muscle is denser than fat), so you should really keep track of your inches too. Best wishes! In a few weeks you will basking in your weight loss again Julie 237/161/141/135 pre-op/current/dr's goal/my goal
Christina R.
on 10/9/06 5:20 am - Reston, VA
Crystal- Another poster (on the July Boards I think) posted that she would gain just before her cycle hit. SO...that could be another reason. Either way, I'm sure it's temporary. Christina S
Ernurse323
on 10/9/06 7:48 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Crystal, You are probably retaining fluids. Also...many of us encounter this while we are losing weight. So, don't feel discouraged or alone. Sometimes I lose 1 lb, then gain 3..only a few days later to lose 5 lbs. The body has a strange way of compensating during weight loss. Some people say put the scales away. I never could take that advice. I learned from weighing myself daily how my body goes about losing and it's little quirks with weight loss...Such as what you are dealing with. Good Luck..hang in there and welcome to the losin side !!! Hugs, Dana
Jennifer V.
on 10/10/06 5:12 am - Waynesboro, VA
Don't panic. I'm up and down 2-3 pounds all the time. As long as you're doing what your Doc recommends, you'll be fine. Jennifer
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views