update

Ms Court
on 10/10/06 12:33 am - Remington, VA
Well the decision has been made to move my grandmother over to hospice, take her off of all her meds except for pain control medications. I spent a good part of the afternoon at the hospital yesterday. Because of the sedation she just sleeps until it starts to wear off and then they give her more. She was awake for a little bit right as I was getting ready to leave. She was lucid and aware that I was there and all. I got to talk to her and tell her I love her and all. Right now we are just waiting... Courtney
Ernurse323
on 10/10/06 2:59 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I am sorry Courtney. This is so sad. It seems like yesterday that my dad was in a hospice and it was 20 years ago. My heart goes out to you and your family. I hope your grandmother is painfree. Big Hugs..and hang in there.... Dana
Ms Court
on 10/10/06 4:18 am - Remington, VA
Thanks Dana. Hugs are appreciated. Courtney
Christina R.
on 10/10/06 3:31 am - Reston, VA
Courtney- I continue to pray for you and your family. I pray that you all find peace and comfort during this challenging time. It's good to hear that you are able to talk to your grandmother and tell her you love her. Treasure this time with her. If you need anything, please let me know. I'm not that far from you. Christina S
Ms Court
on 10/10/06 4:19 am - Remington, VA
Thanks Christina. I am at peace just sad to lose her. It helps to know you are there for me. Courtney
Pat F.
on 10/10/06 4:41 am - Richmond, VA
Hi, Courtney glad to know that you have found some peace in you and your families decision. I am also glad that you got to tell her you love her because that is important for you as well as for her. When the time comes please feel free to call or email me and I will try to help you in any way you might need me. Just know that we all love you and are there to support you in anyway possible. You can email me at [email protected] .
Ms Court
on 10/10/06 5:53 am - Remington, VA
Thanks Mom. Just knowing you are available for me helps so much. Courtney
(deactivated member)
on 10/10/06 5:34 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Courtney - it was very important for you both to speak your love - you should treasure that memory. Please know that you all are in my thoughts at this sad time. If you ever need to talk please just let me know..... Hugs going your way Jackie
Ms Court
on 10/10/06 5:54 am - Remington, VA
Thanks Jackie. It is definitely something I will treasure. Courtney
Kathy & Rich
on 10/10/06 5:36 am - Fairfax, VA
Courtney, So very sorry to hear about your grandmother. We used hospice and took my mother home after her strokes. It is what she wanted. She kept removing her feeding tube with the one hand she had use of (that's all she had use of). She couldn't speak but was alert. So we brought her home, no IVs, no feeding tubes, just pain meds. We kept her comfy. She left us within a week very peacefully and easily. We were all "home". That time being there meant the world. My thoughts are with you and your family. HUGS of the highest magnitude, Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views