Grandma

Ms Court
on 10/8/06 8:00 am - Remington, VA
I am sorry I haven't had a chance to answer everyone individually but please know that I really appreciate you all. Things are not going well. Grandma is having a really hard time. They are keeping her sedated because she is in so much pain when she is awake. She isn't eating but doesn't want a feeding tube and we are respecting her wishes. The family went ahead and filled out the DNR (do not recistate (sp?)) papers since that is how she wants things. At this point it seems like just a matter of time. I completely agree and support my family in this decision. She has been in pain for too long. Please just keep praying for us as we travel these tough times. Courtney p.s. I am holding up well. I have great support close by.
(deactivated member)
on 10/8/06 9:49 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Courtney, I am so sorry about your grandma. I hope she does manage to pull through but if not at least she will not be in pain any more. I send prayers to you and your family but especially to your grandma..... Jackie
cathya
on 10/8/06 10:26 am - Orlando, FL
Courtney, Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers CathyA
Amber B.
on 10/8/06 9:37 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Sorry, Court. I was hoping to read better news this morning. On a positive note, its great that your family can come together and make this incredible decision for your grandmother. Its nice that you can except her wishes and not your own (I'm very selfish when it comes to my grandmother, I want her to live forever!) At least now, she will be in peace and I hope I will be as brave as you when my time comes. You're all in my thoughts and prayers, Amber
Pat F.
on 10/8/06 11:01 pm - Richmond, VA
Courtney, I am keeping you and the family in my throughts and prayers. Please feel free to call and I will help you in anyway that I can. Trust is the Lord and he will help you all through this. Just stay together as a family and a support system that is very important. I wish I could be up there for you and help support you through this time. This is the time to let grandma know how you feel and that you want the best for her and that you all love her and will go along with her wishes. I did this with my dad and I feel better now if something was to happen to him. My husband throught I was wrong for saying he could go if he wanted to but I have a stronger faith and love for him now. Please keep in touch and I am praying that everything will be ok.
Kitty Kat
on 10/8/06 11:07 pm - Richmond, VA
Hey Court, As you know my thoughts & prayers are with you. I have an appointment this am but am just a phone call away if you wanna chat. Take care, Kat
Julie R.
on 10/9/06 12:52 am - Belspring, VA
Courtney, You and your grandma are in my thoughts. Julie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views