The wait is killing me!!!!

nitabean
on 10/7/06 10:24 am - Hampton, VA
Hey everyone!! My surgery date is 10/16 and i am soooooo freaking excited!! i had a few days of OMG what am I doing but all of those have passed! I have a great outlook now and i so cant wait to get my life back! I had someone tell me today that after I lost weight they would take me out and show me off....i just started laughing, I not so politely let him know if I wasnt good enough for him now then that would be his loss. Needless to say i dont think he will be calling anymore!! Look at me....havent lost anything and already breaking hearts...lol.
Robin C.
on 10/7/06 11:27 am - Norfolk, VA
Hi Nita, I feel exactly the same way you do - only problem is - I don't even have a date yet! Actually, I haven't even been approved yet. I have just been for my consultation and am now jumping through all of the hoops. I am excited about the educational classes, but the lab tests and stuff - not so much. I am soo happy for you! Who is your surgeon? What hospital are you going to be in? I have AETNA too. I hopeI have an easy time getting approved like it seems you did. Do you want visitors at the hospital? I live in Norfolk. Well, keep busy, and the time will fly by for sure! Best of luck, Robin
nitabean
on 10/7/06 12:25 pm - Hampton, VA
Thanks Robin!! I am sure we will both have plenty of dates in the near future. Honestly Aetna was a breeze!! I never dealt with them myself, the surgeons office took care of everything. I am going through Weight Loss Surgery Center of Hampton Roads, Dr. Thomas Clark. If you dont have anyone pick give him a try. So far I have been so pleased with the entire staff! I didnt have to do any lab stuff until the other day for pre op stuff. I am sure that I will have some visitors to the hospital. I will be there Wednesday night for the pre op support group meeting, I am really excited about that! You can e mail me directly if you want [email protected].
Robin C.
on 10/9/06 12:17 am - Norfolk, VA
Only 1 week left! Can you believe your date is almost here??? I can't even put into words how happy I am for you! I have a date too - with the Psych doctor is on Thursday. I can't wait to find out if I'm as much of a nut as I think I am ! I have finally gotten off my big butt and decided to follow everyone's advice to start exercising and taking my vitamins and doing protein. So far today I have done 2 miles on the treadmill, upper body resistance training, had 32 oz of water, half of my vitamins, and 29 oz. of Protein. I hope it is this easy after surgery! Where is the hospital that you'll be in? Take Care! Robin
nitabean
on 10/10/06 1:08 pm - Hampton, VA
I will be at Sentara in Hampton. Dr. Clark has a whole wing dedicated to his practice so I heard. I am trying to stay grounded...not get too excited or too bummed...trying to stay in the middle. Glad to hear that you are getting a good start! Keep us posted on you new birthday!!
(deactivated member)
on 10/7/06 8:55 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
YEa the ole dreaded wait .. but I can say this . You have a great attitude already . I would spend what time you have getting ready for your surgery .. and getting in as much protein , water and vitamins as you can . Any one here can tell you I am a big advocate on pre-ops starting their suppliment programs now . Best wishes to you on your journey .. we are here for you .. if you need us , Hugs, Natalie
nitabean
on 10/8/06 11:14 am - Hampton, VA
Thanks you 2...yeah I have taken vitamin and mineral supplements ever since I was a kid. My mom taught me early that I dont get everything that I need from food!! I take some vitamins called source of life and I got the liquid last week when I ran out, they arent that bad at all!! I have been trying different protein powder samples for breakfast and cut out all breads and stuff last month. I had shrimp today!!!...lol. Thanks for the support and the info and I am glad that this resource is here!!
jilldennis
on 10/8/06 2:47 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Nita - I agree with Tink - the next few days get in as much protein & vitamins as you can - they are the key I'll be praying for you!! Hugs Jill
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views