Help! Need suggestions...

(deactivated member)
on 10/6/06 9:48 am - Yakima, WA
The deejay for the Lexington Event's Masquerade ball is REALLY interested in what kinds of music makes our feet feel like dancin'. He's such a great guy and has joined the site ( Hi Barry!) and told me if we post what songs interests us, that he'd endeavor to have some of them on the play-list. This isn't a guarantee, but at least he's listening. Soooo if you're going to the Lexington Event - what are your favorite songs - top 5? If you don't have a favorite song, what is your favorite type of music to dance to? This should be awesome. Barry is setting up a kicker light show to go with the music to keep the mood festive, hopping and halloween-ish. Since we want a lot of answers on this, I'm going to repost this a few times...so think about it and let us know! Thanks, Tooter
(deactivated member)
on 10/6/06 10:26 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Wooohoooo - you know better then to ask ME for "only five" choices when it comes to dance music. HA! The only reason I submitted such a small list is because I have a thousand and one things to do today before leaving on vacation tomorrow. Oh my my, a week in the Bahama's (on a Cruise) ...snapping' my fingers at the cabana boy to fetch my drink and peel my grapes, life is good, yes? I the DJ doesn't have these songs, I'd be happy to bring the CD's. lol, between my son and I, we own them all. Anyway - here is my short list! "Money Maker" - Ludacris (featuring Pharrell) "Me & U" - Cassie "SexyBack" - Justin Timberlake "Family Affair" - Mary J. Blige "It's Goin' Down" - Yung Joc "Buttons" - *****cat Dolls (featurning Snoop Dog) "Give it up to me" - Sean Paul "Get Up" - Ciara & Chamillionaire "Do it To it" - Cherish & Sean Paul "Pon De Replay" - Rhianna "Snap yo' Fingers" - Lil Jon (featuring E-40 & Sean Paul) "Bossy" - Kelis (featuring Too $hort) "Lose Control" - Missy Elliott (featurning Ciara) "In da Club" - 50 cent "Candy Shop" - 50 Cent "Outta Control" - 50 Cent (remix) "Justa lil bit" - 50 Cent [oh alright, ANYTHING by 50 cent] "Lighters Up" - Lil Kim "Get Low" - Lil Jon and The Ying Yang twins
(deactivated member)
on 10/7/06 5:51 am - Yakima, WA
Wow, great list!! My kids would want you for their mom!!! (((HUGS))) I can't wait!
Christine Hood
on 10/7/06 9:16 am - Fort Eustis, VA
I knew you're my friend for a reason!! Love the booty shakin choices! Hope ya'll have an AWESOME trip! I'll be jealously thinking of ya! Christine
Christina R.
on 10/7/06 5:44 am - Reston, VA
Tooter (and Barry)- As a former Ballroom Dance Instructor I can say that any kind of music makes me feel like ! BUT, I will say that the groovy "sing-along" music of the 70's gets me moving the most. I'm talking things like "Brick House" "Play that Funky Music", etc. Of course, a good country song will get me going too, but that's not as mainstream. The Frank Sinatra era stuff is wonderful also...but that's probably not gonna be what keeps the party going. Of course, that all said....I can/will dance to just about anything as long as it's not full of profanities. Can't wait! Christina S
(deactivated member)
on 10/7/06 5:53 am - Yakima, WA
Oooh you taught dance? I'm latching on to you when we get there lol. I have 3 left feet
Christina R.
on 10/7/06 6:08 am - Reston, VA
No problem! I loved teaching it just never quite paid the bills. I'm happy to show you a few moves. Christina S
Kathy & Rich
on 10/7/06 9:52 am - Fairfax, VA
Ooo, dance instructor... perhaps Rich and I can get some lessons sometime whenever his knee is up to it. That'd be too cool. Kathy
Christina R.
on 10/7/06 9:54 am - Reston, VA
Kathy- Maybe we can get a small group together in NoVA and I can do a basic class for everyone...OR we can all go to a local studio for a class. Christina S
(deactivated member)
on 10/8/06 1:22 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
That soonds fun - I would love to learn how to dance! Jackie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views