LAUREN'S GOT HER DATE!!!

TammyNVA
on 9/29/06 10:58 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Hi you guys!!! Just had to let you know that my daughter Lauren received her insurance approval this week for lap band surgery and has her dates for all preliminary and surgery. The CRAZY thing is, her surgery is date November 30, which is 1 day after my 1 year anniversary for my RNY!! Thanks SOOOOO very much to all of you who have prayed for and had postive vibes towards Lauren and myself. I'm so thankful she has this opportunity to regain her life and have opportunities many of us missed out on because of obesity as young adults! For those of you who are new or not aware, my 22 year old daughter, Lauren, has a BMI of 50 and was diagnosed with 3 deterioriated discs in her lower back this past June. Since then she has been seeing a pain management doctor for treatments for temporary relief, but the only thing that will really help is for her to lose the excess weight. WLS is something she has been considering for several years, and she has decided that NOW is the time. Also, WHY LAP BAND? Well, after her research, and much discussion, she decided that since she is not a snacker or eater of sweets (much) but instead just a BIG eater, the lap band made more sense for her. I ask that you continue her in your prayers as many of you know, the FUN (ie: work and commitment) really begins now. Hugs to all, Tammy who, has lost 122 pounds in 10 months and is feeling great! And, I plan to update my negelected profile soon!
Anna Bryant
on 9/30/06 12:22 am - Roanoke, VA
Wooooot that is so awesome Tammy. I am very excited for her and your whole family...how great life will be!! Anna
Tam
on 9/30/06 6:11 am - Richmond, VA
Tammy, Whoo Hoo to you and Lauren! I am so excited and happy for you both. I know how much she wants this and I know it will help a lot with her pain. I miss seeing you at the meetings. I do not know when I can come back. I had to get a part time job to cover my dad's prescriptions. He does not have RX coverage and they run about $900.00 per month and I could not do it anymore without some more income. I work most Thursday nights, but I will be back when I can. I miss you all terribly and think of you often. I am on my way out the door now to go to work. Let me know how you are doing! Love and Hugs, Tammy
A10sFrau
on 9/30/06 7:11 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
CONGRATULATIONS to Lauren and to you. I know how concerned we are about our daughters. Lois
(deactivated member)
on 9/30/06 10:06 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Tammy , that is awesome news . She will do wonderful .. Look who she has as a mentor ...>>>>> YOU .. Best wishes to her and again .. congrats ! Nat
(deactivated member)
on 9/30/06 12:18 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Tammy - this is wonderful news!!! I am so happy for you both!! I know how worried you were about all of this..... Also congratulations to you on your 122lbs weight loss!!! Jackie
Chyanne2u
on 9/30/06 1:17 pm - Kings Mountain, NC
Sweet Tammy, I am so glad to hear this wonderful news. I will continue to keep you and her in my prayers. This will be a wonderful new beginning for her and she will be able as you said to regain her life in her youth. My only regret in having the surgery is that I could have had it sooner. But nonetheless, I am glad I had it when I did. They have come so far in advancements that now is the time to do it. Congratulations once again and I look forward to hearing from you soon. I've missed you so much. Lots of Love Kathy
Amber B.
on 10/1/06 11:31 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
YAYAYAYA! I'm so excited for you both. I knew it was something you guys wanted so bad and I prayed and it worked. That's awesome. I know what its like to be young, heavy and have a lot of health problems. So glad its working out, keep us updated! Amber
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views