What is it with hips?? size 8!!!

ebayer76
on 9/27/06 4:37 am - Richmond, VA
I am wearing a size 10 right now. they are too big in the butt and legs but those hips and waist. omg.. size 8's fit in the legs but the front are tight. i have 20lbs to go but i really thin****il i get the plastic surgery next year i don't know if i am going to get any smaller in size clothes. which i am fine with. even after the surgery if i am in a 10 i am happy with that. i think i made a mistake telling someone at my husbands work that all the surgery is going to cost over $20 grand. but the person asked so what the hec am i supposed to say. It is a lot of money but i look really bad naked and in clothes. you know when you put on a pair of jeans and the fat just hangs over. ugh....gross. it really bothers me. I feel self concious even in front of my husband. like that nasty hanging stomach skin, breasts feel like they are down to your knees. my arm skin waves bye also. okay done venting thanks! liz
Ernurse323
on 9/27/06 5:08 am - Virginia Beach, VA
LMAO !!!! Well, don't even worry about what they think..who cares. I made the mistake of looking up something on a neighbor's computer because mine was down. He saw how much I was going to spending on an extended tummy tuck and lipo..and he asked me,"isn't that a little VAIN?" I shot back.." Well, it just depends on where ya wanna put your money. Like..i don't have a brand new loaded Tahoo" .. however it is spelt. That shut him up... i could and should have just said," yeah..but I am sooo worth it"..lol !! Do what you need to do for you. You are worth it !!!! I am sure the reason for the 10's and not 8's is the skin. You are not alone. I am getting ready to get an estimate from a few plastics on arms/ breast implants and next year thigh/butt lift. Hugs..and keep moving with your plan !! Dana
Moma V.
on 9/27/06 5:32 am - Frogtown, OH
without sounding like I am all that or know it all, be careful on how soon you want to get your plastics done. I am just over 22 months out, even though my weight is holding steady, my body is re-contouring itself. Things are shifting, I've went down 2 more pant sizes without losing anymore weight. Appears I have more of a sitter now and less waist.. but that's good I never had much of a sitter or a defined waist. I now wear from a 4-6 jean, depending on the maker of course, I was in a 7-10 just 3 months ago, and like I said, no more weight lost. I have finally started inquiring about reconstructive surgery, it's time for the next leg of my journey. Oh yeah and my bra size has once again changed, from a 36 to 34 long. well they were long, but longer now! Peace & hugs
Ernurse323
on 9/27/06 9:49 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Oh Vicki..too dang funny !!! Yeah..I will see what the plastic surgeon says first. My WLS doc said there is not too much more fat to be lost from the upper body so in his opinion starting with the upper body could be a good idea to stage things..but lower body to give it some more time. I had lost alot of weight before and had the tummy tuck and that is all still tight..no loose skin there at all. Dana
Moma V.
on 9/28/06 12:10 am - Frogtown, OH
ppfffttt although considering I've lost -196 lbs, had 2 c-sections and hyst.. all vertical cut, with a little tummy tuck back then, my gut isn't all that bad.. really isn't for an old gal I wish I could say no loose skin there at all, but not so. I for sure know my upper half has no fat left to lose, especially with the girls being long, I'd love to get them plumped back up so that so much of the bones in my chest area didn't show so much. Not quite a normal look. This is prolly most the reason people tell me I NEED to GAIN a few lbs back.
(deactivated member)
on 9/27/06 11:32 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
I look at it like this - it is only money.....and it will make you so happy......... so what the heck does anyone else's opinion matter - they have never been in your shoes! And when you are all done you can parade aound in your bikini with your $20,000 body!! I can't wait until I have lost enough and can do the same!! Jackie
Mojodiva
on 9/27/06 2:08 pm - FPO, Japan
Hehehe, I am not into bikinis, so I am skipping those...however, I AM going to grab a vintage swimsuit that is very Marilyn Monroesque. Then tromp around on high heels at the beach LOL. I might be in Italy!
(deactivated member)
on 9/27/06 11:09 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
And I am sure you will feel very glamerous!! Good luck!! Take pictures lol!! Jackie
(deactivated member)
on 9/28/06 8:18 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
LOL - with me it was just the opposite, NO hips, but all GUT!! I would have to get "stretch" type pants, because they at least would form fit my legs and then stretch ever so tightly (like a flippin' girdle) around my stomach and waist. It was that or wear pants that fit my waist and then flowed like a skirt from the hips down. As far as all the hanging skin? I promise you, WE ARE OUR WORSE CRITICS!!!! It truly does bother "us" more then it ever would/could bother our loved ones. I was in the same boat/situation as you with the extreme COSTS of reconstructive surgery. Although insurance DID pay for my tummy tuck, we still ended up forking out 20 grand of our own on additional surgery. It's not an easy decision to make and I wish I coulda' been "okay" with NOT having any of the surgeries, but I couldn't wrap my brain around "accepting" myself and my body as "done" ...there was more that needed to be done to complete my journey and I was able to get that with reconstructive surgeries. Positive thoughts and vibes coming your way that you are able to do the same. Lei
Jackie H.
on 10/3/06 5:33 am - Hampton Roads Area, VA
Just to let you know...Gap has the new "skinny" jean and I love them!! The leg openings are narrow, so you don't get the flowing skirt look!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views