Thanks for the help...

Lisa_1967
on 9/26/06 9:03 pm - Rileyville, VA
I appreciate all the replies you all have sent. I have put off getting the protein mix because like many of you have said....I may not like it after the surgery. This week is going by sooo quickly. The next week I hope will be here even sooner! One week from today is the big day and I am starting to feel like a little kid that is waiting for Christmas....lol! I sooo need a vacation from work right now. I think this will probably be the most expensive vacation that I will ever take in my life, but I hope to benefit from it for a life time. I am tired of being tired and tired of only working part-time. My weight is and isn't the problem of working only part-time it is just my back problems which I have high hopes that losing the weight is going to fix all of that. My husband is warming up to the idea of me wanting the surgery. He has been afraid for me to have it. He needs to have it done as well but doesn't have the time for him to take off from work as he works for a utility company and does alot of heavy lifting and such. It has been mentioned to him that if he had the laproscopic done that his return to work would be faster. I hope after he seeing how much it improves my life that he will have it done also. I know we would both be happier!!! Thanks again ladies...I will keep you posted.....
Sharon Q.
on 9/26/06 10:48 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
Hey Lisa!!!!!!!!! Your day is fast approaching!!! Not only should you be trying to find which protein supplement you like, you should be using them!!! Per Leilani, who you will get to know if you visit this board for any length of time, you need to take in a lot of extra protein b4 your surgery to ensure a speedy recovery. It actually helps your body heal faster. Take some long walks, do some deep breathing, your day will be here sooner than you think, and a whole new world will open up to you!!!!! Gods speed!!!!!!!!!! Sharon
A10sFrau
on 9/27/06 11:05 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hi, I guess I have had my head in the ground. I didn't read your previous post/responses. I know you have already made up your mind about protein, but I had a very different experience. I put myself on protein supplements and the bariatric diet 3 months before my surgery and lost 34 pounds. I found I can at the least tolerate and at the most actually enjoy all the supplements I have tried. You can get small sample packs from bariatriceating.com. My tastes didn't change at all. I switched from Matrix to Syntrax Nectar only because it is cheaper and has fewer calories. There are probably members in your area who would share samples with you. I know I have quite a few here. I found preparing in advance and making sure i could tolerate the diet AND the protein invaluable. Just my experience...I am not advising against anyone else's. Good luck, Lois
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views